Chapter 20 - Shame and Betrayal - Unedited Questions and Answers

**WARNING**

This chapter contains the full unedited questions and answers between the nurse and Georgie at the health clinic. I have written questions by the nurse that are clinical (not graphic) descriptions of sex acts. Georgie’s answers are referring to nonconsensual sex and reveal information that could be difficult and upsetting to read. Please do not continue if you think it will be too disturbing or offensive, or if you are under the age of 18. Thank you.

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

While the nurse looked at her expectantly, Georgie was squeezing Robert’s hand so tight it was painful. How could he have been so stupid? He’d thought they’d just request everything and get the tests. It never occurred to him they would ask questions. Georgie was in no way prepared for something like this, he thought desperately.

“Well, let’s say over the last six months, how many sexual partners have you had other than Robert,” the nurse asked, maybe thinking she would help by narrowing the window down from a year.

“One,” Georgie said faintly.

Robert looked at her sharply, but she was looking straight ahead at the nurse and he couldn’t see her expression. He wondered if she was going to cut off circulation to his fingers, she was squeezing them so tight.

“Was your other partner a male or female?” the nurse said gently.

“Male,” she said almost in a whisper.

“Can you tell me what kinds of sex you had with him?” That’s when Georgie turned in her chair to look at Robert.

What he saw horrified him. Georgie’s eyes were wide with fear. She was looking at him like she couldn’t believe he’d done this to her, that he’d betrayed her. She was silently begging him to do something, to save her from this. Before he could react, the nurse spoke again, drawing Georgie’s attention back to her.

“I know this is a difficult question to answer, Georgie. But it’s important information I need to know. Did you have vaginal sex with your other partner?” she asked gently.

Georgie hung her head, looking down at her hand that was squeezing his then slowly nodded. Robert couldn’t believe this was happening. He had to figure out a way to stop this, to get them the hell out of there.

“Did he use condoms when you had sex?” the nurse continued.

Georgie shook her head.

That broke through Robert’s racing thoughts, completely shocking him. How could she say that? She’d fucking told him the bastard was using them. He immediately thought back to the night when they’d had the conversation about them. As he remembered what she’d said, he realized she’d only said she knew what condoms were. He’d assumed it was because the bastard was using them – and then his stomach dropped. That was before he knew about the other men.

The nurse carried on as if nothing out of the ordinary was happening. “Did you have anal sex with him?”

Georgie slowly nodded, and Robert felt like he was living through a nightmare, one he desperately wished he could wake up from. He tried not to show that he suddenly felt like throwing up.

“Did he use condom at any time when he did?”

Georgie shook her head. Of course he didn’t, the dirty fucking bastard, Robert thought as a murderous rage boiled through him for what he’d done to her, for how terribly he’d hurt her and made her suffer.

“Did you have oral sex with him?”

Georgie nodded. Robert wasn’t surprised, but when the nurse questioned her further he was horrified to find out the sick bastard had made her put her mouth on every part of him.

Then the nurse asked her a series of other questions while she sat with her head still hanging. “Do you know if your other partner has ever been tested for STI’s or if he’s been diagnosed? Did he have any tattoos or piercings? Did he use drugs? Snorting anything or using needles?” The answer to all those questions was Georgie shaking her head ‘No’.

“You’re doing very well, Georgie. Now I want to ask about any sexual partners you’ve had prior to six months ago. Can you tell me how many you had?”