Chapter 24 - Promises Part I

**WARNING**

This first half of Chapter 24 has an R rating for an important reason. Out of everything I’ve written for Stolen Hearts and Love You Forever, this is the worst part of the entire story. This is where I reveal what happened to Robert and Georgie before they were released by the bastard. I think there have been enough clues by now that you know it was bad, and it is. What I’ve written is graphic and it will be difficult to read.

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO READ IT. If you carry on with Part II in the PG 13 version of Love You Forever, you will learn everything you need to know about what happened.

PLEASE don’t read it if you are under the age of 18 or if you think it will be too disturbing or offensive.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

Georgie’s muffled screams of agony and grief coming from behind the door of the flat were fading as she began to lose her voice.  While everyone continued to stand around the hallway, Robert kept his eyes on the bastard, watching him carefully. 

It slowly dawned on him what the bastard might be doing.  Now that Georgie thought she’d lost Robert, the bastard was cruel enough to want to prolong her suffering by waiting to take her out of the flat.  It was just as cruel as letting Robert believe he wasn’t going to honor the agreement and forcing him out of the flat without her.  He felt a tiny spark of hope in his chest – the bastard might actually intend to follow through with the bargain.

After a hesitation, Robert asked, “How much longer?” 

The bastard looked at him coldly, saying, “Put on your shoes and socks, Robert.”  He did as he was told. 

When it was completely silent in the flat, the bastard moved toward the door.  As he passed Robert, he looked at him, his steely deep set eyes hard and cruel. 

“You don’t move and you don’t make a sound.  If she knows you’re here, you leave without her,” he said quietly, his voice malevolent. 

Two guards pushed Robert further down the hallway and shoved him against a wall.  They positioned themselves on either side of the hallway, one of them blocking Robert’s view of the door to the flat.  He heard the locks being unlatched and the door opened. 

The guard who’d gone in came out holding Georgie around her waist from behind, pinning her arms to her side.  When she came into Robert’s view, she looked dreadful.  Her hair was half pulled out of her braid, her shirt torn and hanging open.  Her face was red and tearstained, her eyes wide with fear as they looked around wildly. 

“What did she do?” the bastard asked.  

“She tried to smash windows with the fireplace poker,” the guard said in heavily accented English and one of the other men whistled.  Robert was grateful she’d been stopped.  She could’ve been hurt by all that flying glass. 

The man let go of Georgie and she staggered a little until she saw the bastard in front of her and then became very still.  She cowered in front of him with her head hanging, her body hunched over, trembling with fear.  The bastard snapped his fingers at her as if she were a dog he was giving a command to and Georgie automatically stepped forward.  She sank to her knees in front of him and began undoing the buckle on his belt with shaking hands.