•1•

Lana stood inadvertently staring out her window. Passing glances between the big U-Haul truck and the now sold house directly across from her.

The 3 story size house had been on the market for quite a while now along with many others in the neighborhood. Lana, her husband and the other residents of the high end neighborhood got on pretty fairly.

Although the fellow neighbors fed off of a good rumor, she didn't want to be the odd woman out, therefore befriending many of the housewives thought out the area.

Speaking of the areas housewives just as she decides to mind her own business and make some coffee she notices Melissa, her next door neighbor making her way towards the newly bought house.

With an intent eye on her fellow neighbor she watches as after 3 soft knocks a woman opens the door.

Upon seeing the wooden door turn on the hinges she then had to do a double take, seeing a beautiful woman with jet-black hair.

"Morning babe, make anything?" Lana's suddenly brought back to reality when she feels large hands snake around her waist as her husband, Jim plants softs kisses along her shoulders.

"Oh no, I was just about to though, any special requests?" She responds turning around to fully face him.

"Maybe, you can make whatever you want but! Without that robe on." Jim says with a sly smile as his hands are still wrapped around Lana.

"Oh no, not today buddy boy you were late yesterday and your boss called." Lana responded turning around and fixing her attention back on Melissa's interaction with the new resident, wondering what on earth they were talking about.

"Ah who cares about that old man, he'll be on his way out next year tops." Jim said as he made his way to the front door to retrieve the daily morning paper.

"Jimmy! Do not talk about your boss like that, that's terrible." Lana said only half as concerned as she should have been with her attention on her new neighbor fully.

"Yeah, and it's also terrible that you won't make your old man a nice meal without that big ol' robe on."

"Jim, it barely covers anything, why don't you ever think about anything else but that?" And that was the truth. Ever since Lana and Jim had met they'd mainly be up to one thing. Not that they didn't love each other. Of course they did. What with being married for 3 years. At the beginning he was only in it for his kicks, but as time went on and they eventually fell in love he became more romantic and genuine. Which only lasted for so long though. As everything does. And lately with all the work Jim had been doing and all the projects he'd been managing their relationship was a little on the rocks. Lana knew they were drifting apart. But only time could tell what would be in store for the two young loves.

"Ah c'mon baby, I think about plenty else other than that." Jim said as he sat down at the rickety kitchen chair and opened up the newspaper.

"And what exactly would that be?" Lana said opening up the fridge, knowing Jim wouldn't stop talking until his mouth was full.

"Well, I'm thinking about that new guy at work and how much I hate 'em." Jim said leaning back and skimming through the daily headlines.

"Of course sex and hatred the only two things on your mind."

"You know me too well baby, now hurry up and make me something before I'm late."

And with that Lana turned around with a roll of the eyes and cracked open an egg.

Jim had been gone for over 2 hours now which left Lana with nothing to do but clean. Of course that being all she ever did. While sweeping up Jim's leftover mess from this morning Lana glanced outside and noticed the once parked U-Haul truck was now gone.