Chapter Twenty-Nine: Invasion

≪•◦ 🦋 ◦•≫

≪•◦ 🦋 ◦•≫

I get to Tatiana's place and ring the door bell.

No answer. 

She just told me to come to her house.

I yell her name before grabbing the door handle to see it's unlocked. I instinctively grab my gun from my car and walk inside.

There's broken glass on the floor everywhere.

God.

I walk into one of the room when I hear something move. I turn around and see a man in the corner. "I've been waiting for you. I think your friend jumped out the window." The strange man says.

"Well you found me." I look at his hands, he has no weapon. Dumb ass. "He's looking for-" His last words as I shoot him between the eyes.

"TATIANA!" I yell out and I get no response. "Come on babes, say something, it's just me." I say repeatedly as I walk through the eerie house. "Rosalina?" I hear a faint whisper and turn to the closet in her room.

"Tatiana?" I hear about 50 locks before the wall opens. She runs into my hands, crying. "Oh my god, what happened?" I ask, grabbing her shoulders.

I pull out my phone, sending a text to Alec.

"Someone was in here. They were looking for you at first and then they saw me. I was able to run into the room. I don't have any weapons and I could tell he would over power me."

This is all my fault.

"I was able to hide in here. James installed it for me. It can't be shot through or bombed." She responds. "Go James." We both chuckle a little before I wrap her up again.

After about 5 more minutes, I hear cars screeching. "God, he's probably got every cop in New York here." She laughs at my statement and James runs up to Tatiana.

Alec soon follows and I place a kiss on his forehead. "I'm okay." He takes a deep breathe, turning to Tatiana.

"Forgive me Tatiana, I just learned that my father is going to try and get Rosalina. So he probably thought the best way, was to go through you. I will have security detail on you two for a while." He finishes.

"It's okay, I promise. However thank you, I'll take about 7 men at all times," We all laugh at the comment. James takes Tatiana to his house as I head back with Alec.

Upon getting to the house, Alec goes straight to the kitchen and pours himself a drink. I sense something is wrong with him and walk over, placing my hand on his shoulder.

"Hey, you okay?" I ask and he downs the first drink, not even looking at me. "I'm fine." He responds dryly. I play with my hands, he's doing that shutting down thing again.

"Did I do something wrong?" I ask and there's the next drink. "No, Rosalina. I just need to be alone at the moment." He spits. I nod, turning around. "Okay well umm, let me know i-if I can do anything." I stutter as we walk out the door.