Prologue: The Calm Before The Storm

(This is my first official story/fanfic in a storytelling platform so forgive me for any grammatical, spelling, or punctuation errors. I'll try to update once a week but if I don't then I'm sorry that just means I'm super busy or lazy. As you probably have already read from the Description, Tanjiro will be really  OP in this fanfic also forgot to mention that Tanjiro has access to the Transparent World. Well, enough dillydally let's begin this story)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tanjiro's POV

  'Hi! I am Kamado Tanjiro! Son of Kamado Tanjuro & Kamado Kie. I have 5 younger siblings whose names are Nezuko, Takeo, Shigeru, Hanako, & Rokuta. My father died of an illness so it's just me and my other family members living in a snowy mountain. When I was born, I had a fiery scar on my forehead, (in this story Tanjiro gets his scar at birth) I didn't think much of it since my Oji-san and Oto-san had ones similar too. But after my 5th birthday, when I was about to sleep, I heard the voice of a man...

Flashback 

3rd Person POV

5 year old Tanjiro falls on his bed flat on his face and grunts out of exhaustion.

'Ugh, I am so tired,' Tanjiro thinks, 'I probably shouldn't have tried to hit that piñata so hard. At least I'll be able to get tons of sleep tonight.'

"Tanjiro," a mysterious voice suddenly said.

"Huh, who is that?" Tanjiro said, sitting straight up and looking around.

"Tanjiro," the mysterious voice said again.

"Who are you?" Tanjiro asked, getting scared and frantically searching for the source of the mysterious voice, "Show yourself!"

"Calm down Tanjiro," the voice said, trying to calm him down, "You'll wake up your sleeping family members."

"What do you want?" Tanjiro asked, still searching for the voice.

"My name is Yoriichi Tsukiguni and what I want is to teach you all that I know so that you may save your loved ones and possibly the world," the voice said.

"Eh?" Tanjiro tried ponder what exactly was this strange voice talking about. But more importantly, he somehow was familiar of this voice's name, but he couldn't put his finger on how he recognized it. Tanjiro had millions of questions running through his mind, but the one he chose to ask was, "Where are you?"  

Yoriichi gave a light chuckle when it heard this then replied, "You may not believe me, but I'm actually in your head."

Tanjiro's face was showing an expression that said "Wut?" 

"Wait a minute, so you mean you're living inside my head?" Tanjiro asked, still not believing what he just heard

"That is another way of saying it," Yoriichi replied.

"Uhhhhhhh, ok," Tanjiro said while raising his eyebrow, "So, how did you come to live on my head anyway?"

"Well, when I died 500 years ago, instead of going to Takamagahara my soul was pulled down back to earth by an unknown force and was transported into your mind. When I got there I found a piece of paper, I picked it up and it told me to train you all that I know about demons and breath styles. Somehow the force who put me in here knew the future because on the paper was written, Tanjiro, that you were destined to defeat Muzan," Yoriichi explained.

"Um, ok?" Tanjiro said, who was contemplating what Yoriichi said, "Can you please explain all that complicated stuff about demons and breath styles to me again?"

So Yoriichi told Tanjiro the complete history of demons and of how he created the first breath styles, then after that Yoriichi proceeded to teach Tanjiro without holding back. Often Tanjiro was on the verge of death because of the intense training, but he persevered and mastered Total Concentration Breathing: Constant and Transparent World in just two weeks. Then, after just a month he mastered all of the breathing styles and even managed to create his own with guidance from Yoriichi, whom he refers to as Master. When Tanjuro died there was a void inside Tanjiro that was once filled by his father, so Yoriichi allowed Tanjiro all the time he needs to cope with the death of his father. But, Tanjiro denied the offer, insisting that his father wouldn't have wanted to see his son in such a pathetic state, and instead focus on his training to defeat Muzan. And with this boy's headstrong determination, Yoriichi had no other choice but to consent. Then, after another month of even more hellish training, Yoriichi told Tanjiro that he had nothing more to teach him. He said that Tanjiro was far stronger than a Hashira (and considering the fact that Yoriichi was from the "Golden Age of Demon Slayers" where Hashiras were no doubt more powerful than the ones in Tanjiro's time that's saying something) and that he was so much more stronger than him. He also said that he was definitely ready to face Muzan. And finally, he told him even though he was incredibly powerful now, he must hone his skills until they are at their sharpest point.

End of Flashback 

Tanjiro's POV

'Ok, that's basically my entire life story with Master shortened, and if you want to hear the complete details, feel free to-,' I got cut off.

'Tanjiro! That's enough talking to the Fourth Wall! You're revealing too much!,' Master reprimanded me.

'Oh! I'm so sorry, Master!' I apologized (one of Tanjiro's many abilities is to talk with the audience lmao), then I caught a whiff of a malicious scent coming from my northeast and I told Master right away, "Master, I smell an extremely deadly scent," I stiffened up a bit.

Master, noticing my sudden change in demeanor, answered, "Calm down, Tanjiro. Remember to use that fear for alertness. Now, as for what you said, I believe the time we've been preparing for has come."

I replied, "All right Master, I shall try. And I also believe that that man has come."

"Are you ready then, Tanjiro?" Master asked.

I answered, "As ready as I'll ever be, Master."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Phew! I'm finally done. So what did you guys think? Was it too boring or cringey? Anyway, thank you to all the people who read the first chapter of this story. See you all next week...or next time, cause if I my schedule is not that busy I might be able to put something together for you guys. Btw, I'm Filipino so shout out to all my Filipino writers and readers out there!)

Word Count: 1082

Author-kun out