Chapter 2: The Sun Meets The Pillars

(The Pillars and Tanjiro finally meet! Sorry I haven't updated in probably more than a week. In my defense, I did folk dance classes and my feet are still so sore. Please don't be mad at me and please enjoy:))

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3rd Person POV

The Hashiras were observing the battle between Tanjiro and Akaza and Muzan. They were all expecting Tanjiro to die instantly, but little did they know...

"What in the!?!" a man with a black-and-white striped haori, black mop-like hair, a yellow-colored right eye and a teal-colored left eye, and a white snake with red eyes said, surprised that Tanjiro could decapacitate their most powerful foe when they couldn't. This man's name is Iguro Obanai. 

"D-did that kid j-just decapacitate Muzan?" a pink-and-green haired woman asked in disbelief. Her haori was small for her. She had green eyes. Her name was Kanroji Mitsuri, Obanai's girlfriend.

"I believe he did," a man with spiky long hair asked, his eyes widened at what he witnessed. His haori was split in two designs. One was red and the other a yellow-and-green geometric pattern. He had deep blue eyes. His name was Tomioka Giyu.

"But how?" a woman with short, purple hair with a butterfly hairpin on it asked. Her haori was imitating that of butterfly wings. She had purple eyes. Her name was Kocho Shinobu, Giyu's girlfriend.

"SIMPLE! HE MUST BE INCREDIBLY POWERFUL!" an owl-looking man exclaimed. He had orange-and-red hair, his eyes were the same color except for the white pupil. His haori was white with fiery designs on the tips. His name was Rengoku Kyojuro, he was the boyfriend of--oh wait, I forgot he was single. Nvm.

"Wait, but Muzan isn't dead yet," Giyu said.

"Oh yeah, come to think of it, Muzan's neck is disintegrating but it's still healing itself," Obanai said.

"Should we help him? He might die," Mitsuri asked.

"NO! I BELIEVE THE CHILD WILL MAKE IT! AFTER ALL, HE MANAGED TO ALMOST KILL MUZAN! THAT IS A FEAT WE CAN ONLY DREAM OF!" Kyojuro shouted which somehow Tanjiro and Muzan couldn't hear.

Timeskip To When Tanjiro Threw A Knife At Them.......

"Hey guys?" Shinobu said, "Why is he pointing a knife at our direction?"

Giyu's eyes widened knowing Tanjiro's intention was to throw the knife at their direction. So when Tanjiro threw the knife at them, Giyu barely had the time to block his attack. Then, they heard him say:

"Show yourselves. There's no point in hiding anymore, Hashiras," They were shocked because they thought they kept themselves completely hidden. They looked at each other and asked among themselves.

"Should we?" Mitsuri asked.

"Wait, let's consider our options first, honey," Obanai said.

"Ok, Option 1: We stay here and hope he forgets about us, Option 2: We run away, Option 3: We show ourselves calmly so he won't attack us, or Option 4: One of us distracts him, while the other 4 attack him simultaneously," Shinobu enumerated.

"All of those options are horrible except for Option 3," Giyu stated. As he said that, a vein popped on Shinobu's forehead.

"You know Giyu, you could at least try to disagree with a person without insulting them," Shinobu said in a scary manner.

"Ok, Option 3 is not horrible," Giyu said, while Shinobu looked like she was about to stab him if it weren't for Mitsuri stopping her from doing so.

"Well whatever we decide, we better make it soon," Obanai said.

Once Shinobu calmed down, she said, "Since Giyu made it perfectly clear that we should just reveal ourselves, I guess we should do that then." Then, they went down cautiously holding the handles of their katanas. Meanwhile, Tanjiro raised his eyebrows at what they were doing. 

"What are you guys doing?" Tanjiro asked them, while the Hashiras were looking at each other debating whether or not to answer the question. Until Obanai finally spoke.

"Who are you?" he asked.

"I'm Kamado Tanjiro, it's nice to meet you all!" he introduced himself cheerfully, "Tomioka Giyu, Kocho Shinobu, Rengoku Kyojuro, Iguro Obanai, and Kanroji Mitsuri."

All of them had certainly many questions about this mysterious and powerful boy. But upon hearing the boy say their names without them introducing themselves, they only had one question on their minds now. And they knew they were all thinking the same thing.

'How did he know our names!?!' the Hashiras psychically exclaimed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(And there goes another chapter. As always, hope you all enjoyed and sorry I didn't reach about 1000 words this time, I just wanted a cliffhanger like most books have. Also please feel free to check out my other story, "When Red and Purple Mix," it's TanKana btw. Oh! and almost forgot thanks so much for 89 reads! See ya'll next time!)

Word Count: 769

Author-kun out