Chapter 3: Welcome To Demon Slayer Corps.

(All right I'm back, chapter 3 let's goooo)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"How did he know our names!?!?" thought the Hashiras.

"You just thought about how I know your names didn't you?" said Tanjiro with a smirk as he saw the Hashiras' dumbfounded faces, "Well, let me tell you since you people don't seem bad. A powerful swordsman entered my mind one day and somehow I got psychic powers because of it."

Obanai didn't buy it.

"Oh yeah? Well I'd say you're lying. I mean it's practically impossible for a human being to be pyschic."

"Don't believe me? Ask Rengoku over there. I've noticed him sensing my temperature and pulse ever since I started talking," Tanjiro gestured over to Rengoku and Obanai looked at him with raised eyebrows.

"He's. Uh. Telling the truth Iguro," said Rengoku.

"No way," Obanai said shaking his head, "But that's impossible, unless..."

Suddenly, Obanai looked at Tanjiro with deadly eyes. He gripped his sword tightly and was about to draw it out when...

"Try it and you might find your neck lopped off," said Tanjiro threateningly with his katana against Obanai's neck as his eyes widened from shock at Tanjiro's unbelievable speed, "I know you think I'm a demon, but look I'm not," Tanjiro then cut his finger and showed it to the Hashiras, "See? It's not healing."

"Then, how?" asked Shinobu.

"I have no idea myself," said Tanjiro.

There was an awkward silence that followed.

"So what now?" asked Mitsuri.

Just then, Giyu stepped forward and said something completely unexpected.

"Join us," he said blankly. The others just looked at him.

"What? We need someone as overpowered as Tanjiro in the Demon Slayer Corps, plus we saw how he destroyed Upper Moon 3: Akaza without even breaking a sweat and he also single-handedly beheaded Muzan in one strike," although the others still looked somewhat hesitant, "Come on guys, this is a once-in-a-billion-lifetime opportunity. We might actually be able to win against the demons this time."

"But Giyu-" said Shinobu but got cut off.

"I'm in," said Tanjiro with a smile, excited to have some adventure.

"Wait Tanjiro. You have get permission from your mother first," Yoriichi said.

"Of course, Master," Tanjiro replied.

"Good," said Giyu, with a small smile of his own, "I have a strange feeling that we'll become good friends."

Tanjiro couldn't help but laugh, "Hahaha, who knows?" 

Then the two shook hands.

While all of this happened, the others just looked at disbelief.

"What the devil just happened?!" they thought.

"Kamado Tanjiro," Giyu said, "Welcome to the Demon Slayer Corps."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Okay, this is chapter 3 of The Child of the Sun. Hope you guys enjoyed! See you next time!)

Word Count: 499

Author-kun out

.

.

.

.

Let's try something new, shall we? (¬‿¬)  

Comment down below what you think will happen next.   

a. One of the Hashiras will ask Tanjiro to be his student to learn his Breath of Counter technique.

b. Just as they're about to leave, a golem-demon suddenly appears and takes Nezuko away.

c. Tanjiro joins the Demon Slayer Corps, but wants to start at the lowest rank and takes the exam at Mt. Fujikasane. 

d. All of the above. 

ok now Author-kun out