Not Alone

Hereford Base

Omega POV

The helicopter touched down on the Helipad. You hopped off the helicopter and turned around to offer a hand to Emma who slowly sat up from her seat. She accepted your help and you eased her off the heli and helped her walk to the medical wing.

You pushed open the doors to the medical wing and bend down through the doorway. Gustave got up from his desk and took Emma from your care.

Doc: Thank you for bringing her to me, but what is this white stuff?

Omega: Bio-Foam, used it to plug her wound until we got back to base.

Doc: Fascinating, you'll have to show me it some time.

He walked away with Emma and you left the medical wing. You walked through the doorway and saw a familiar green haired girl walking in your direction.

Ela: Hey, big guy, need your help.

You gestured your hand to lead the way and you followed her towards the female dorms. She walked into what looked like an area to sit around and stopped at a fridge.

Ela: Can you grab that bowl at the top?

You stared at her for a solid minute before grabbing the bowl on the top of the fridge and handing it to her.

Ela: I appreciate it Mr. Stark.

You ignored the comment since it made no sense to you and left. You took a staircase that lead to the roof of the base and stared out into the city as you tried once again to contact the UNSC

Omega: This is Spartan Omega 028, does anybody copy.

Once again you recieved only static

Omega: Colonel Hoffman.... Noble One.... anyone.

Static was the only thing you received once again and you felt a surge of anger course through your body. You turned your body and drove your fist through a metal box that was sitting ontop of the roof and retrieved your fist. You looked back at the staircase to see Mark leaning against the doorway.

Mute: I'd say try not to break anything else, but I feel like this will become a common courtesy.

Omega: Just stressed is all.

Mute: Can't make contact with whoever you were with?

Omega: No, I'm too far out of the loop.

Mute: Give it time, you'll be back with them soon. With that being said, Harry overlooked some of your files, the M12 FAV is expensive, if he can get the parts, you better not break it.

Omega: Get the right materials and it won't break so easily. Also, just call it a Warthog.

Mute: Yea, and your armor? How would you take that stuff off.

Omega: It's an older model, Mark IV to be exact. It doesn't require a machine. I can just take off the gear separately.

Mute: That does remind me, what is that yellow glow whenever a bullet makes contact with you?

Omega: Think of it as extra protection, the armor is hard to penetrate to begin with, however this added shielding makes it increasingly difficult. This same model does not have this extra protection, however I had some adjustments made and the shields were installed.

Mute: Think I could get a set?

Omega: Considering I'm here and not there, add that with you not being augmented... no.

Mute: Well, what happens if I wore your suit without the augments.

Omega: Would you like every bone in your body broken?