One

I had been stalking Edwards house for days now, waiting. I knew all of their schedules (not that they really had any responsibilities, aside from the doctor.)
Edward had returned after his several months spent away from her, and honestly he was looking pretty rough.

I guess i knew, deep down, that he really did love her, and that he left to try and keep her safe. Eavesdropping on him and his family was easy, the way their voices were carried to my canine ears by the wind, so I had gleaned quite a bit of information since id been occupying this territory.

Technically it was forbidden for me to be here, but I couldnt really care any less about that. All I cared about was him, and my revenge.

I loved her.

But honestly, i wasnt seeing red anymore. I wasnt feeling bloodthirsty. I was fucking angry, of course, But I dont know if I was angry at him or at her more. Maybe I was angry at myself? For not saving her. As i kept listening in to Eddy boy and his family, I started rationalizing more. It was clear this guy was heartbroken, and it made me almost feel bad for him. How could I feek bad for a fucking monster?

My waiting has paid off, finally. I see him exiting the doors of his (lets be honest, obscenely) large house. He looked really fucking bad, the same rumpled shirt I had seen him show up in, his normally perfect hair tousled. I say tousled and not messy because somehow, he still manages to make debilitating depression look sexy.

eyes on the prize, jakey...

I knew it was too good to assume none of them knew I was there. I figured if they smelled this disgusting to me, im suremy scent wasnt pleasant either. Besides, we were all endowed with excellent senses. If they didnt know I was here, I would be dissapointed.

Edward stops about five feet from where i was crouched. He looked fucking rough. I didnt even know leeches could look mental. His undereyes were dark, which is weird bc he couldnt possibly be able to sleep. I mean, the dude was dead. Not only was his shirt rumpled, but it was torn in a couple places too. Maybe he had a wrestling match with a mountain lion.

"Jacob." He says, softly, simply. Mournfully.
"Jacob. It was my fault wasnt it."

I debated just launching myself at him now, spare him the agony of details. Look at him, dude was making himself suffer more than I ever could. But then I thought, if this was a movie, or maybe some random kids dumbass fanfiction, Id probably hear him out. Besides, maybe hed beg for his life? Thatd be funny. A vampire, begging a werewolf.

I growled softly and closed my eyes, allowing my wolf form to shift, crunch, and dismantle, and put itself back together into my human form. Unfortunately naked, as i forgot my extra shorts. The nearest one was at least a mile away.

"Yeah. Plain and simple. I watched her jump. Pulled her out." Vocalizing the memory wasnt as satisfying as I thought itd be, probably because of the turning in ny stomach. I think she had decided to cliff dive, like wed seen Sam and his boys do. She couldve fucking asked me, and I wouldve taken her. Made her be safe. And not on a stormy day.

The strangled sound that came from Edward brought me back to the present, and the agony in his face was stark, violent.
"She...You..." He dropped to his knees, head in hands.
And he begged.