20

It was her first day back to work and she remembered why she had been gone so long. Her body was aching from having spent he past four hours working and now she was kind of thankful to Derek and Dr. Bailey for insisting she only work six to eight hours. That wasn't so bad. The paperwork and sutures were boring but at least she wasn't spending hours on her feet in an OR which sounded fun, but would be way too unbearable. "So Owen is taking you to finally meet his mother?"

"He wants me to go meet his mother. I didn't say yes." Cristina Yang replied, walking down the hall as their interns followed closely behind waiting for their orders.

"You should go."

"I don't do that."

"You don't meet mother's? You met Burkes mother." Meredith pointed out. "She shaved your eyebrows before he left you at the alter but you met his mother."

"Yeah. Look how well that turned out." Cristina rolled her eyes.

"Fine. Don't meet his mother."

"You're a lot better at the mother thing."

"You're a lot better at the mother thing." Cristina smirked, thinking about when Meredith first bet Bradley's mom.

"I threw up in her coat closet because they gave me food poisoning by not telling me they kept old ranch dressing."

"I know." She laughed.

"And his mother still hates me...no matter how perfect I dress when I see her." Meredith pointed out.

"That should have been a hint about Bradley."

"Hmm..I haven't heard from him." She replied, as they made their way to the nurse's station.

"Nothing at all?"

"Not a thing." Meredith said as the interns walked to the side and began talking amongst themselves." "Which...I'm just thinking. I have options...I don't have to wait forever so maybe I won't. Maybe I'll just take some stuff into consideration and do what I think I need to do."

"I have the lawyers names when you're ready." Cristina signed off on a chart and handed it to a nurse.

"I don't know yet. I'm thinking I'll give him a week and if I don't hear anything...I'll look at the list and see how I feel."

"He's been gone for three weeks, Mer."

"He has a job here...he'll be back." Meredith nodded.

"He's doing another job right now." Cristina muttered.

"I know." Meredith sounded annoyed. "That's why he has a week before I consider stuff."

"It's not like he'd take her back." Meredith heard one of the interns mutter.

"What is that?" Meredith frowned, looking over to the interns.

"I heard she slept with Dr. Shepherd and Mr. Warren walked in on them and it sent him into a fiery rage. He punched her so hard but I mean...isn't that a crime of passion?" One of the younger male interns asked. "She and Dr. Shepherd have been doing it all over Seattle."

"I heard they were both having affairs and they got drunk and beat the shit out of each other." Christina's intern whispered.

"Did I tell you that you could talk?" Cristina turned around, snapping at them.

"We were just having a conversation...nothing big." Dr. Cordray replied.

"Don't speak unless you're spoken to." Cristina groaned, before turning back around.