The Meeting

THUMP! THUD!

You open your eyes quickly, suddenly alert to the loud noise that woke you from your not so peaceful slumber. 

Ugh. . .W-where am I?

You squint and try to scan your surroundings only to realize you seem to be in the fancy box That always sat beside you in that old thrift store. You Try to move your limbs but a soft, yet firm foam piece keeps them in place. Its there of course, to prevent your fragile body from becoming damaged. Just great. Sitting on that Dusty Shelf, You never imagined the day you would be placed back in the box would arrive so soon. After all, you were only there for a few days.  A "toy" of your value tends to move around quite a lot, constantly going to new weird humans that try to collect you. They never keep you for long, always selling you to some other greedy, nabbing hands. . .But normally it takes a little longer than a few days.

"Oh wiskers, move out the way. I think I heard some shuffling in there. . ."

The sound of a Fancy Female Voice brings you from your thoughts. 'Heard shuffling,' they say? Due to my Size a human shouldn't be able to hear such small movements. Where exactly was I? And Who was That Lady out there? A Small Feeling of Dread overcomes your Curiosity when you hear what sounds like Someone trying to open your Box. 

"Hmm. I cant get it open. Huxley!!!" The Fancy Girl Shouted "Come help me with this! I think its a new friend!!"

'Huxley'?. . . another human? Wait. . .Are they even people? Im am so lost right now. And what do they mean by 'new friend'? Im just a toy. .

You try your hardest to listen to the voices outside.

". . .A New friend?" The monotone voice that must have been Huxley seamed to enter the room. As dull as his voice sounded, You could hear the small trace of curiosity in his tone.

"Yes, now help me untangle these beautiful Ribbons!"

". . .okay."

More Noises.

"There we go! Now. lets try to- Hmph! -Open it!"

". . . Its not open yet. You forgot the latch."

With a Small Click! the box was open. As you strain to look at the people in the room, Your eyes widened in shock as you realized the voices you heard were . . . other toys? Being a mostly Grab and Sell type of doll, you never really got to see other toys. You were always placed on some sort of Shelf or Glass Case to keep you in 'good condition', so having 3 toys stand here in-front of you was a bit of a shocker. 

You lay in the box a bit motionless at first, unsure whether or not you were allowed to come out. After all, this seamed to be the Other Toys home. Not to mention your box was at an angle, So it would be a little tricky to come out on your own. 

"Oh! Silly me, let me help you out of there." A pale porcelain hand reached in and helped lift you out of your box. As She helped you up, you were able to finally get a good look at her face. She was a beautiful Porcelain Doll with soft, Beautifully long Brown hair And Her Eyes shone with life even though they were a Deep Magenta. Her Outfit Was made to look like Some Sort of Early Victorian Going-Out fit and was topped off with a few beautiful fake roses. As you scanned her face, your eyes landed on a small crack. The Sight of it filled you with worry as to how safe this place really was. . .But other than that spot, she seemed to be perfectly intact. So you let your slight worried expression fade into a guarded, yet polite, smile.