Wattpad Original
This is the last free part

3. Getting to Know Me: Past Interviews with Moi

I thought you might enjoy a couple my earliest interviews done in 2014. The first is with Vic James, author of Gilded Cage and two sequels published as the Dark Gifts Trilogy published in the U.S. by Del Rey Books. Vic's publishing journey started on Wattpad with her Watty award winning book, Slave Days (now Gilded Cage).

INTERVIEW WITH VIC JAMES

Hello! I'm Vic James, and I'm super excited to be doing a first Q&A with our beloved Britt!

When I first stumbled across Mermaids and the Vampires Who Love Them it just made me smile so much my face hurt.

Like all of us, I quickly got addicted to Britt's totally adorable story of Waverly, Pierce, and the West Marin Heights crowd! I want to move into Waverly's cabin!

I can't, of course, but I've been able to do the next-best thing, which is chat to Waverly's creator, Brittanie Charmintine.

She's answered some of my questions about her and her book. Hooray! Read on to find out more about our favourite mermaid author!

Here goes!

Q: So, Britt, are you sure you don't have a tail? Because I'm imagining you as just like Waverly. Are you?

A: I wish! Waverly is much stronger, bossier and kick-ass than I am. I don't have a tail or long green hair. I have never worn a shell bra, and I am a vegetarian so I don't eat mustard-coated corn dogs. We are very different, but there is a bit of me in her character. I think we have a similar sense of humor and love for hot, sexy vampires!

Q: So would you beat Waverly in an arm-wrestle for Pierce?

A: Waverly would totally beat me in arm-wrestling unless I cheated! I would have to find another way to get Pierce to be mine! I'm better at math than she is. I could challenge her to a math-off!

Q: You're smart then! We could tell :D What would be your favourite subject at West Marin Heights?

A: Well, I cannot draw at all, but I would like to gaze at Cupid swathed in seaweed, so I would enjoy Life Drawing, but I would probably not get the best grade. Biology - it would really gross me out to have to look at the skeletons and pictures of the digestive system, but learning about the unusual reproductive history of the gods sounds interesting. I love astronomy, so the moon class sounds cool. Fairy dance - I used to do ballet and I was a cheerleader, but dancing in the air sounds challenging. Math - I think maybe this would be my favorite. Not so much for the subject matter, but I could gaze the teacher and sigh intermittently.

Q: Hang on a minute! Doesn't Waverly's dad teach Maths?!?

A: Yes he does teach math. And he is soooooo cute that all the girls in class gaze at him longingly. This really annoys Waverly and makes her want to gag.

Q: So if you're not a mermaid, what WMH species are you?

A: I'm human, but if I got to choose one to turn into? Hmmm ... Maybe a fairy princess. I always wanted to be royal.

Q: I'd like to be a Fairy Godmother. It would be so cool being able to grant someone's every wish. (As long as they were nice wishes!) Also, I think Fintan is so sweet. Whose fairy godmother would you most like to be - either from the book, or in real life?

A: I think I'd want to be Pickles's fairy godmother. She is so sweet and she deserves to have her wishes granted too. Not just grant wishes for others. Pickles to me is like a girl who grows up in a very restricted old-fashioned household where she is told to suppress her own needs and wishes and take care of others. Making other people's wishes come true is admirable, but I think it shouldn't supplant a girl's own dreams. Everyone deserves to have a happy life.