First Encounter

Erica pov

Monday morning I woke up, took a shower,  did my hygiene, and put on my outfit.*MM* After I finished,  I went to wake up my baby.

I knock on her door. "London wake up." I hear her groan and then, "No." I roll my eyes and then knock again. "London Alsina I said wake your ass up!"

"Erica Blaze I said no." Comes from the other side of the door.

I swear this lil girl is just like her daddy. She has a very bad attitude and she CUSSES any and everybody out and you best believe she get that lil ass beat.

I open the door. "Don't get your ass popped." She looks up at me. "Ugh fine." Then she slowly gets up.

I cross my arms when she finally stands up. "Next time when I tell your ass to wake up you better wake up because I shouldn't have to say it twice. You better check yourself on that stank attitude, it's not cute."

She mumbles something while walking to the bathroom. "What was that?" I ask annoyed with her. "I said ok." 

I scoff. "Ok but hurry up, your school clothes are on in the closet, come eat before you brush your teeth and stuff."

She walks ahead of me down the hall towards the kitchen where I make her a bowl of cereal.

***

August pov

After starting my car, I walk into the living room to see my daughter Sky watching Spongebob. "Goodmorning baby, you ready for your first day of first grade?"

She looks up at me and says excitedly, "Yes!"

I grin at her, "That's what i'm sayin ! You all ready for school?" 

She jumps up quickly and grabs her backpack. "Yeah."

I turn off the TV and grab her backpack from her, no girl of mines will have to carry anything. "Ight leggo."

She races to the door.

***

Erica pov

As i'm walking up to the school, I bump into somebody.

"Sorry, my bad ma." A familiar voice says.

I know that voice. Oh my FUCK! This cannot be happening right now. Am I dreaming? Please be dreaming!

I look down. "It's okay."

"What's your name ma?" I continue looking down. "It's Erica."

He sighs, maybe in frustration. "Not to be rude or anything, but could you show me some respect  by looking at me when I'm talking to you." He says.

Slowly I look up. "Sorry."

His eyes widen. "Erica??!"

***

August pov

When I realized that it was MY Erica, I hugged her with all my might, and I would've stayed that way too, until somebody hit my leg. 

I look down quickly. "What the hell?"

A younger version of Erica stands with her arms crossed, looking up at me with a scowl. "Um, you are so rude. I know you see me standing right here and you ain't gone say nun, but that's okay I'm going be the bigger person....Hi my name is London Alsina and I'm 5 years young, what is your name?"

As soon as she said Alsina I started to get mad. 5 years ago I had sex with Erica and she THINKS that I don't remember the night when we got drunk, she left in the middle of the night so the next day I started looking for her. I couldn't find her so I asked her momma. Her mother said she didn't know and I haven't heard from her ever since then Until this day..

I look back down at the girl, MY daughter. "My name is August-" I look back up at Erica. "-can I speak to you, in PRIVATE?" I tell her, but making it come out as a question. Erica looks lost. "Oh yeah umm, sure." 
 I then look at my daughter. "Skyrah, go play on the playground for a minute." I tell her. "Okay."  then she runs off.

Erica looks at who I think(know) is our daughter, London. "London go with her."  The girl rolls her eyes. "Whatever." Then she runs over with my daughter.

I look back at Erica. "I'm not about to beat around the bush, now I'm going to ask this and I'm only going to ask this once, is that my child?" I ask, already sure of the answer when she looks stuck.

She sighs. "Yes, but-"

I cut her off. " 'but' nothing! You had my child and took her away from me for 5 years and didn't say shit or let me know! You could've called! Not to toot my own horn but if yeen know I'm AUGUST ALSINA! Famous as fuck, you can go on the internet and find my home address, my number is still the same, I bet you still got my number don't you!

The whole time she kept her head down. "Yeah." She mumbles.

I shake my head. "You should be ashamed of yourself with your trifling ass! What did you tell her when she asked where daddy at?" I ask her. 

Before she can answer London comes over and answers it for her.

"My momma said that my daddy dead." I curl my fists. 

Daddy told me not to hit no girl but she testing it today. I know she did not just say what I think she said.

"London can you go back over there." I ask her. "Whatever." She says before going back to play with her(little does she know) sister.

Erica looks up. "Look August I can expl-"

I cut her off once more. "Cut that shit. You could've explained shit to me the MOMENT you found out that you was pregnant. You had no right telling my child that I was dead, and you best believe imma see your ass in court bright and early this Saturday, I'm getting FULL custody of my daughter." I tell her, already pulling out my phone to call my lawyer. 

Now she looks up at me, eyes blazing. "The hell you won't! She yells, gripping onto my arm tightly.

I remove her hand. "I bet I will, be prepared Saturday. Sky come on, let's go meet your teacher."

Skyrah skips over to me and grabs my hand, and we walk into the building, leaving Erica crying behind me.