♦ chapter seven ♦

When Thor arrived back across the Bifrost Bridge with Sif, Volstagg, and Fandral beside him, the last thing he expected to see was his little sister, sitting cross legged at Heimdall's feet

When Thor arrived back across the Bifrost Bridge with Sif, Volstagg, and Fandral beside him, the last thing he expected to see was his little sister, sitting cross legged at Heimdall's feet. "What exactly are you doing?" he asked.

"Isn't it obvious?" Fandral laughed. "Waiting for Sif's detailed recounting of all that she missed out on."

"I don't remember requesting the extra commentary," Signy said as Sif pulled her to a stand and threw her arm over her shoulder. "But Sif is literally the only one of you I'd care to speak to at the moment."

"Then it's a good thing that I always have time for you, little Sig," Sif said, pressing a kiss to the girl's cheek.

Signy would hear the stories from that day and days past of restoring peace to the Nine Realms time and time again. She attended a large celebration that night for their success and would listen to each retelling with equal excitement as the first time.

Every time she thought of battle, she longed for New York and her friendship with the Avengers. But she knew her father would never approve of her returning to Midgard in coming times of transition. Soon Thor would be king and Asgard couldn't be without its little princess.

That is, until the first in line for the throne requested her presence.

---♦♢♦---

Heimdall transported them from Asgard to Earth, a part of the planet Signy hadn't visited yet.

England was certainly different from New York, the last place she visited on Midgard. Though Thor was obviously focused on finding Jane after Heimdall hadn't been able to see her earlier, Signy took her time watching the England countryside of spralling, green hills turn into sparse buildings closer to the city.

It was already wet outside from an earlier storm, but Signy found herself feeding off of the strong pull of the dark clouds. She took a deep breath and let the droplets fall down on her, though Thor made sure he and Jane were spared from the pouring rain.

Thunder rumbled as Thor laid his eyes on Jane. She and Darcy, in the center of a dry circle in the middle of the storm, looked around confusedly until Jane laid her eyes on the two superheroes.

While Thor was standing in a dramatically heroic stance, Signy had her head tipped up to the sky, catching droplets of rain in her open mouth.

As Jane approached the children of Odin, Signy's umbrella followed her, leaving Darcy in the downpour. "Typical," she muttered.

"Oh, my apologies!" Signy said, running over to give Jane and Thor some alone time and to keep the unfamiliar girl dry. "I don't believe we met last time around. I'm Signy."

The brunette shook her hand. "Darcy. Nice to meet you. Cool rain. It was very... cold."

"Yeah. Sometimes I forget not everyone loves the rain."