Chapter 3

Later that day, Dean came out of his room and found Jack on the couch with his laptop. He went and sat down next to Jack.

"Did you finish your research?" Dean asked.

"Yes and I wrote down the ideas I came up with. You?"

"Yeah, I wrote down my ideas too." Dean paused and cast his eyes down before saying, "I sent out a tweet that we were working on a new video."

"Good. Are people excited?"

"Yeah."

Jack noticed that Dean wasn't looking at him. "Dean, are you okay?"

The brunette looked at his friend and was suddenly smiling. "Yeah, I'm fine."

That smile is fake. He's hiding something, but I won't push him for now.

"Alright. Tell me what you came up with."

"Well, for St. Patrick's Day, I thought we could do a skit where one of us dresses up as St. Patrick and we go out to the beach and there's a whole bunch of snakes and St. Patrick drives them into the sea. Apparently, that's one of the legends associated with the guy."

"Is there any truth to that story?" Jack asked.

"No, but I thought it would make be a cool video," Dean said.

Jack smiled. "I agree. I think it would make a great video."

"Really?" Dean looked truly surprised at Jack's reaction.

"Sure."

Dean smiled and this time, it was genuine. "Thank you."

Jack didn't get why Dean thanked him, but he didn't get to dwell on it long because in that moment, he felt the same warmth in his stomach from before, only now it increased. He managed to smile back and say, "You're welcome."

"Do you want to hear my idea for Valentine's Day?"

"Of course."

"I found out that Valentine's Day was originally a religious holiday and it didn't have romantic connotations until the thirteen hundreds. It turns out that Geffrey Chaucer wrote a poem about two doves mating on Valentine's Day and that's how love got to be associated with the holiday."

"Okay, but what does that have to do with your idea?" Jack asked.

"The idea is that we make up our own legend about Valentine's Day. If you're with your significant other and you see a dove on Valentine's Day, it means you're destined to be together forever. We could involve Carrie and Bethan and make it a real romantic affair."

Jack chuckled. "I never guessed you could be romantic."

Dean pouted. "Hey, I can just as romantic as anybody."

"Well, obviously since you came up with this idea."

"So what do you think?"

"I like it and I think it might make it so people start shipping us with our girlfriends instead of with each other."

Dean smirked. "Oh come on Jack, you can't tell me you don't enjoy being online boyfriends with me."

"Well, yes, I do enjoy it because it's fun, but don't you want people to ship your real romantic relationship instead of a fake one?"

"People already do ship me and Bethan. Not as much as Jack and Dean of course, but that's okay."

 Jack smirked. "Don't you mean Jean Hobbs?"

Dean scowled. "Don't say that name again! You know I hate it!"

"Why do you hate it so much?"

"Jean Hobbs is a woman's name. We're men, not girls!"

"Well, the fans seem to have designated it as our official ship name, so it looks like you're stuck."

"Can we change the subject, please? What are your video ideas for Thanksgiving and Halloween?"

"Okay, for Halloween, I was thinking we could make a big bonfire and then use it to see our futures. Apparently, on All Hallows Eve, people would make these big fires and use them as a form of divination to know things like when they were going to die or who they were going to marry, so I thought we could do a video with that concept."

Dean smiled. "I like it. We could definitely have fun with that. What about Thanksgiving?"

Jack's expression faltered. "Yeah...about that, I didn't find anything particularly interesting about Thanksgiving. It's basically just the celebration of the harvest. All I could think of was a skit involving murdering a turkey and making a joke out of it."

"Well, it's simple, but it could still be funny."

"So how do we choose the one we'll do?"

"Well, which one do you think would be the most fun to do?"

"Every idea except for the Thanksgiving one would make a good video but since we were talking about shipping, I think the Valentine's Day concept would be best."

"Alright. You tell Carrie and I'll tell Bethan," Dean said.