Chapter 4

Carrie and Bethan were excited to be included in a Jack & Dean video so they readily agreed. Dean decided it would be easier to go back to London since everyone lived there and it wasn't too long of a trip and now all four were heading toward a scenic location that would provide romantic atmosphere for the video. Jack found a park that birds were said to frequent and decided it would a good spot for filming.

"So do you guys have a script ready?" Carrie asked.

"We thought it would be fun to just wing the dialogue this time," Dean said.

"Plus, it's more practical since we have no idea when a pair of doves will show up," Jack said.

"You know what would suck? If we were out here for hours and birds never showed up," Bethan said.

"You know what would suck and also be kind of awesome at the same time? If white doves showed up and we were alone together," Jack whispered in Dean's ear.

Dean chuckled. "Jack, I'm driving." He leaned over and whispered back, "I agree though."

Jack laughed and Dean joined in. The girls looked at them and then back at each other, confused expressions on their faces.

***

 Once they reached their destination, Jack went to the trunk of the car and got the cameras out.

"Jack, go set up the cameras by any big trees with long branches," Dean said. "That way, we'll able to film any birds that come by and we can edit in our reactions later."

"That's a good idea," Jack said.

"So what are we supposed to be doing?" Bethan asked.

"The scenario is that Jack and I have taken our girlfriends here because of a tradition that says if a couple sees a pair of white doves on Valentine's Day, it means they're destined to be together forever. We'll just walk around while Jack and I tell you both about the tradition and we'll talk naturally."

"Alright, but where do we walk in from?" Carrie asked.

"How about we start on opposite sides of the park and head toward where the cameras are?" Jack suggested.

"Sounds like a plan," Dean said.

"Wait a minute; who's going to film us while we're walking?" Bethan asked. "We can't film ourselves because that throws the perspective off."

"Well then, I guess it's lucky I'm here," a familiar voice said.

They all turned and saw Christopher Bingham, more commonly known as Bing, jogging toward them.

"Bing, what are you doing here?" Dean asked.

"I decided to take up jogging to get better in shape and this park is my jogging space. You don't have to tell me what the video's about. I'll use my mobile to film you all wherever you need."

"Great. Well, let's get started," Jack said.

***

Dean and Bethan were walking through the park from the entrance and Bing was following them with his iPhone out recording. Dean had an arm around Beth.

"So Dean, why exactly did you bring me here?" Bethan asked.

"Well, there's a legend that if a couple sees a pair of white doves on Valentine's Day, it means they're going to be together forever and I wanted to see if we could spot one here. Plus, it's a nice day."

"Aw, how sweet of you," she said before kissing him on the cheek, which immediately colored. "Do you think we'll actually see a pair?"

"They're rather rare here so I don't know. I hope so though."