Chapter 7

The next day, Jack and Dean went about the morning in relative silence. Once breakfast was finished, Dean went into what was temporarily his room and took out his sketchbook, deciding to get some work done on his graphic novel. Before he could get started, Jack peeked his head in the door.

"Got a text from Bing. He says he's got a new video idea that he wants me to be a part of so I'm heading over to his house."

Dean gave him a sad smile. Of course he would want Jack. Why should I be included?

"Alright. I'll be here working on my graphic novel."

"Okay."

Jack closed the door and Dean sighed, putting away his sketchbook. Any motivation he had for drawing was gone. He waited until he heard the front door close before coming out of the room. He sat down on the couch and turned on the Wii U.

"Maybe I can drown my sorrows in a marathon of Adventure Time."

As he was going through the listings on Hulu, the front door opened and Jack walked in. They looked at each other in surprise.

"I thought you said you were working on your graphic novel," Jack said.

"I changed my mind. What did you forget?"

"I didn't forget anything. I came back to tell you that Bing wants you to come over too."

Dean's brows furrowed in confusion. "...Why? You said he wanted you to be in his video. You never mentioned anything about him wanting me included."

"Well, I asked him if he could find a way to include you and he said yes. Come on."

Why would he go through the trouble of asking Bing to include me?

Jack could read the question on his friend's face, but wouldn't tell him the answer; that the reason he wanted Dean there was so that he could keep an eye on him and try to figure out what Dean was hiding from him.

"We don't want to keep Bing waiting. Let's go," Jack said before heading out the door. Dean shrugged and followed.

*****

They arrived at Bing's door and were greeted with a smile. Once they were inside, Jack turned to Bing.

"So, what's this idea you've got?"

"Have either of you seen the movie Warm Bodies?"

"You mean that movie with the retarded concept that love can turn zombies back into people?" Dean asked.

"That's the one. I was thinking we could do a zombie apocalypse thing with a variation of that concept."

"What did you have in mind?" Jack asked.

"Well, instead of going through the long and tedious process of finding the humanity within a zombie and developing a relationship with them, all you have to do to turn them back is kiss them."

"But we'll be kissing disgusting zombie lips," Dean said.

"And besides, it would take a lot of people to make a zombie apocalypse look real," Jack said.

"I'll take care of that," Bing said. "Why don't you two go to the store and get the makeup necessary for a zombie transformation?"

"Alright," Jack said.

*****

Jack and Dean went to a store that specialized in Halloween themed costumes and makeup. It was a fairly large store with several aisles and spooky displays throughout. They walked to the front of the store and saw a man with gray hair who looked to be in his sixties at the register.