Two

Sunlight peaked through the curtains, rousing him from his alcohol induced hibernation. He knew he wasn't home as soon as he opened his eyes, and it didn't smell the same as Alex's guest room. He had majorly fucked up.

He sat up and instantly regretted it, all the blood rushing from his head, causing the room to spin. The next thing he noticed was that he had barely any clothes on but no one in bed next to him. He was sure he had gone to a gay bar last night, which meant he probably hadn't gone home with a woman, but the room looked too clean and minimalistic to belong to a man.

His question was answered when the door opened to reveal a rather androgenous looking man with long, black hair, who was covered in tattoos. He wore flared jeans; a snakeskin crop top; and a silk button up t-shirt, left open to show off his happy trail. He had his makeup done and kept a small amount of facial hair, mostly a light moustache and stubble, that rested on a sharp jawline. Just the sight of him took Andrew's breath away.

"Good morning. I was just about to wake you up," he said softly, like he knew just how piercing Andrew's headache was. "I come bearing gifts of coffee and painkillers. Your clothes just got out of the dryer, so I'll be back with those in a second. Oh, and you should probably take a shower. Hangover sweats."

Andrew nodded, taking the coffee and medication from the very attractive, yet kind stranger, whose house he had apparently slept over at. "I- ehm... thank you," he stumbled, still trying to find his ability to speak. "Wait, did we... did we sleep together?"

"I don't think so," the stranger said. "I don't remember much after I bought you a drink, and my head hurts when I try to think about what happened. This is the guest bedroom, though, if that's any consolation."

Andrew nodded and closed his eyes as his headache got worse. "You said something about a shower," he asked, more than desperate for the sound to just stop.

"It's an en-suite," the stranger said, pointing to a door on the side of the room beside the bed. "There's towels and soap in the cabinet under the sink." Maybe a cold shower would help sober him up and take away his headache, or at the very least, distract him from thinking about how massively he had messed up.

He swallowed the painkillers he'd been given and found his phone on the bedside table, plugged in and fully charged. When he finally noticed the time, he realized three things.

One: He had slept over sixteen hours, and it was now 5pm.

Two: The sun that woke him up wasn't sunrise, but sunset.

And three: He had slept the day away in the guest bedroom of a complete stranger, who was now taking care of him while he was hungover, and who he may or may not have hooked up with.

The fact that he was wearing what could very well be an engagement ring was also a major issue, but that was post-shower Andrew's issue. For now, he just needed to get the smell of booze and sweat off his body. He pushed it to the back of his mind and dragged himself out of bed to take a shower. He'd already inconvenienced the stranger enough by taking up the better part of his day; it wouldn't be right to stay any longer than he had to.

He found the towels, shampoo, and body wash under the sink, just like the stranger had said, and turned on the shower, keeping the water chilly enough to wake him up but not cold enough to freeze him. He let the water run over his face for a few minutes after washing up, starting to feel the effects of the painkillers. The lack of pain led his mind to wander to just how messed up his current situation was.

Andrew turned off the water and dried off, hating himself more than he had before. He ran his fingers through his hair in an attempt to get the tangles out of his hair but only succeeded in making it worse. After a few minutes, he gave up and opted for a bun, telling himself that it'd just be easier anyways.