w x s (1)

~

Summary: It's late one night, and Skeleton is alone mourning Wither's death. He decides to take a walk-- and, low and behold, he sees Wither sitting alone on a lone bench.

A/n: This (and none of the other future one-shots) are canon for my books.

And, yes, the night is technically day for the mobs.

~

Skelly

~

He's gone because of me.

I've been sitting in my room, motionless, for hours. The sword he had given me was firmly held by my left hand. 

My breathing has been uneven for hours. Tears stained my once clear milk-colored cheekbones. 

He has the ability to hack. Surely he could've regenerated his health. He could've healed himself instantly.

More tears rolled out of my eyes as I finally came to the realization that he was really gone. Wither is dead. My grip on the sword slacks, and it clatters onto the floor.

It's been over two weeks since he was killed.

Two weeks. Every night, my crying has gotten worse.

I can't forget him, no matter how hard I try. Maybe it's because I don't want to forget him. I just want to forget that he's gone. I just want to be able to imagine that he's really alive. I want him to teleport to me with his stupid and cheeky grin, telling me that it was all a joke.

"W-Wither," I whisper, choking out a sob, "I-I'm so sorry..."

I thought about all of the things we did during the short time we were together. I remember the first time I looked at him, my cheeks ablaze with blush. I remember being in denial when Zombie said I had fallen for him. If I could go back, I wouldn't deny anything. I'd run into his arms and scream how much I love him. 

A knock on my bedroom door snaps me out of my thoughts momentarily.

"Skeleton? Are you alright...?" Zombie asks. I had forgotten to mention-- Zombie had let me stay over at his place. He didn't trust me to stay at home, alone. At least not with my current mental state.

I quickly wipe my tears away and open the door. "I'm fine, Zombie... Actually, I'm going to take a quick walk."

He sighs and nods. "Alright, Skeleton... Just, don't stay out too late, alright? The sun will rise soon."

"Promise," I mumble, before exiting his house.

~

Herobrine had exempted me from my studies for a while. Every other night, Zombie stayed home to make sure I was alright. The other mobs came to visit me occasionally.

It was three hours past midnight by now, judging by the direction of the moon. A cool breeze causes me to shiver a bit.

"What a beautiful night...," I mumble. Walking through a clear night like this one reminded me of the Nether. I remember the first time Wither had taken me.

"The Nether... I really want to go back there someday..."

I snap out of my thoughts when I hear a small yet defined whisper. It was almost as if there was someone speaking right next to me, but...

There's no one nearby...

I frantically look behind me, only to sigh when I realize that it's probably my imagination. Keep it together, Skeleton.

Clearing my thoughts, I continue on my stroll. The stars twinkled harmoniously in the night sky.

Then, I saw something. Something that wasn't possible.

A transparent figure that looked too similar to him sat alone on a bench, its hands fidgetting nervously. Something that he always did.

For a few moments, I just stare at the figure with a dumbfounded expression. Surely this is just another fragment of my imagination. I just miss him so much to the point where I'm seeing him.

Then, it moved.

I shuffle backward instinctively, losing my balance while doing so. I land face-first, mumbling a small oof at my clumsiness.

Skeleton, you're going insane, I conclude. 

Groaning slightly, I use my hands to hoist myself up. When I look back at the bench, it was no longer there. See, just my imagination.

"S-Skeleton?"

I yelp in surprise and pull my sword out. I hold the stone sword in front of me defensively.

"W-Who's there?!" I demand, my voice shaking. 

"You... You can hear me...?" I turn around, my eyes locking with it. My hands tremble so violently that my sword clatters to the ground.

"What... W-Who are you?" For a moment, it looked like its eyes changed. Never in my life had I been so afraid and confused.

Its eyes... They were so familiar. Even though its aura was cold, I felt a hint of warmth just looking into them. That's when the realization hit me.

It was him.

"W-Wither...?" I whisper. For a few moments, none of us said a word. The sound of crickets chirping was the only audible noise.

"Skelly...," he finally says, "I..."

"W-Why?" I whisper, "Why did you do it..."

He blinks, surprised by my question. "Why did I do what...?"

"W-Why... Why did you do something so stupid! Why... W-Why did you d-die?!" My whole body trembled as tears started to form. 

"Skelly, I... If I hadn't died, you would be in my place instead..." He floats closer to me, his transparent hands becoming semi-visible as he touches my shoulders. "Skelly, look at me... Please..."

His hands gave me a sense of comfort. I choke a sob and look up at him, my eyes filled to the brim with tears.

"W-Why...," I whisper, "Why..."

He gently wraps his arms around my torso, his hand rubbing up and down my back in a soothing motion. We stood there for a while.

A cool breeze swept past us. I shivered slightly at the sensation.

"Skelly," Wither whispers, "Dawn is near. You'd best head back home..." I tighten my grip around him. "No... I don't want to go... P-Please... Come with me..."

He rubs my head gently. "Skelly, I can't... I disappear during the day," he admits.

"I-I'm not leaving you," I whisper. He sighs and says, "Close your eyes, Skelly."

I don't question him and do so. I feel the ground shift slightly below me. I slowly open my eyes, my eyelids slowly fluttering open.

I was back in my room. Wither was nowhere to be seen. The sun had officially started to rise.

"I love you, Skeleton," I heard him say.

Or maybe it was just my imagination.

~

A/n: Attempt one. Not exactly my best work, but I'll get better in time!