The floor is lava

~
Summary: Devastation. What was supposed to be a fun and innocent child's game becomes a reality. The Overworld is plagued with lava, trees and wildlife being consumed in its unforgiving ambers. In a dystopian au, a single mistake nearly costs everyone their lives...
...All whilst Wither spends his sweet time choosing what blocks to use to build his new Nether fortress.
~

VERY OLD A/n: Late night one-shot ideas at two in the morning! Based on a w x s short I happened to find whilst scrolling through yt shorts.
Woah— almost 1k reads? That's crazy, and I've only uploaded a single oneshot— you guys are amazing!
Quick note! This oneshot is not affiliated with any of my books/fanfics. This book's actually a bit of a teaser, meaning that some parts may not make sense.
These oneshots are 'beta oneshots'. Basically, if you all like an idea a lot, I'll consider writing a book about it.
Anyway, enough talk. Without further ado, let's start this wacky idea!
Thanks again to the creator of that yt short! You really inspired me <3

New A/n: Uhh... I don't remember writing this.

...

Yikes

Yikes.

~

It was a simple game. A silly little bet that started the whole war.

To be frank, Herobrine had no idea that this one bet would be the cause of such turmoil, such destruction.

"My students will surpass yours, Herobrine. They will transcend and devour. We will rule the Overworld."

A laugh.

"I have especially chosen these eight mobs for a reason. Not only are they special; they are omnipotent."

Herobrine was silent. Xxxx, his so-called right hand man, had had enough.

Finally, Herobrine spoke.

"Let's make a bet then. If within a year, your students somehow manage to surpass mine, the Overworld will be yours to keep. For eternity."

Oh, Herobrine. As heroic his proposal sounded, he was destined to fail.

~

They had lost the war.

Herobrine stared down at his students in dismay. Seven out of eight stood there, distraught. They knew they lost. They knew they failed him.

"Teacher..."

"That was foolish of you to bet your rule over this realm," the entity cackles, his midnight-black sword slacked in his left hand. Herobrine was ashamed and he knew— he taunted him incessantly.