Mrs Moore

Mrs Moore got Arlo into the small office by 2:30 PM, preparing the small girl for the upcoming meeting. It was pretty safe to say that Mrs Moore was far more stressed and frantic than Arlo seemed, however she knew better than to quickly assume the girls emotional state by a mere glance. Mrs Moore felt a vast amount of pressure with this meeting as, as much as she hated to admit it, she didn't know how many chances Arlo would get if this one didn't go as she hoped.

The small girl sat attentively listening to the woman, who was barely breathing as she tried to get all of the most important information she had out of her mouth as fast as possible. Mrs Moore wasn't sure how much Arlo was actually retaining but it didn't really matter much as it wasn't as if she was going to have to quote Mrs Moore word for word after the meeting, the rambling was mainly a coping method for herself. Arlo would occasionally sign a question, although it probably wasn't answered very well due to her brains current need to move on at alarming rates.

Amidst all of this, Mrs Moore felt a sense of pride at how well Arlo seemed to be taking all of this. From the anxieties of facing something new and so important for her future to the current situation she was in, being so patient with her whilst she was practically talking at the girl instead of to her.

By the time Mrs Moore felt as if she had exhausted herself and needed to take a deep breath it was almost the time that Miss Johansson should be arriving. Arlo had already assured the woman that she was okay and ready for this, even if Mrs Moore wasn't 100% convinced, she trusted that Arlo would have let her know if something didn't feel right.

Just as Mrs Moore had thought of another thing she figured she should probably inform the girl, she heard a car pull up outside. Her eyes widened and with this Arlo let a little smirk tug at her lips. Mrs Moore figured that the girl almost enjoyed seeing her so hysterical as it was probably nice to have the tables turned for once. It was usually the other way around with these two, with Arlo being the one who was often anxious and frenzied, although Mrs Moore couldn't deny that Arlo had a knack for being able to hide it very well almost all of the time. If she didn't know the girl better, all of those undercover emotions would potentially go unnoticed by everyone in the child's life.

A knock on the front door of the orphanage brought Mrs Moore out of her far away thoughts, signalling the start of something that could be bigger than all of them combined. The making of a new family.