four

Beyoncé Giselle Knowles

Beyoncé sat in her room—it was so odd for her to refer to it as her room. It was a hospital room she was staying in.

She stared up at the pattern of the ceiling tiles, sometimes she counts the small dots on each tile when she's extremely bored. It reminds her of her own freckles she's possess.

She hummed as she picked up a small stress ball and began throwing it lightly in the air and catching it with her right hand, while her left rested under her head. It was night time, and Normani had banned her from eating chocolate pudding for the past few days because she annoyed that girl.

She stopped playing with the ball for a moment, pausing and squeezing it as she attempted to rmemeber the girls name.

"Onika.." She mumbled. It was a pretty name and a unique one in Beyonces book. The girl was short, and feisty. She seemed annoyed with Beyoncé every other second but it was funny to the blonde. She didn't have much entertainment.

She sighed and sat up completely and placed her ball on a side table, she looked around her room and frowned. Beyoncé got bored easily, she always has. Ever since she was a kid, and when she was unfortunately diagnosed with CF she spent a lot of her time being bored.

She couldn't play outside like the other kids, her mother wouldn't risk that. Beyoncé tried breaking the rules a few times and her punishments followed shortly after each and every time. Her mother, being a doctor and all would not risk it.

She slipped out of bed and decided to find herself some entertainment. It was late, she often liked to wonder around the hospital late. Her mother always claimed she should stay in bed and rest—as if that would fix anything.

She hummed quietly as she slipped her white slippers on and grabbed a mask, she didn't exactly like wearing one but she knew the nurses would snitch on her fast if she didn't atleast protect herself while disobeying her mothers rules.

She snuck out of her room, and wondered the hospital. The building was large, one of the largest in the state—Beyoncé's sure she hadn't discovered it all. But it does get boring by herself. She hates to admit how lonely this disease is.

Every corner started to look the same, and she sighed as she suddenly stopped walking.

"Well fuck, I made myself sad again." Beyoncé mumbled. She hated thinking about her disease even though it was shoved in her face every second of the damn day. She liked to live freely, she likes to act as if she didn't have it.

But looking around at the literal medical building she was in—she couldn't exactly do that.

She was a little more depressed now if anything—so she decided to go and do what always made her feel—something. She snuck through the halls of the hospital, giving smiles to nurses even though they for sure couldn't fully see it. She found the entrance she was looking for.

She climbed up the stairs, which took her out more than she'd like to admit. She cursed herself for not bringing her oxygen canals with her. She shrugged it off and tried taking several deep breathes and ignoring the mucus she felt in her chest. She finally reached her destination and opened the door to the roof of her side of the building.

She liked to sit and watch the planes and helicopters go past, and watch the stars twinkle till they are no more. It was peaceful, and a nice distraction. When she opened the door and turned to the ledge to see someone else. Her eyes widened a bit, and turned to a look of amusement once she realized who it was.