You Are My Queen

It was Saturday: the start of the weekend and Maddie's two days off. At least, it should have been. To keep a good enough amount of money in her pocket, she worked overtime all day on Saturdays. Then she would take Sunday off to rest. That was normally how it went, anyway. Now that Dabi was awake and her exhaustion finally caught up with her, she had forgotten for a moment that he existed at all. Her alarm was set for eight, but her internal clock always woke her up a bit before since she was so used to it. It was seven fifty seven in the morning and her hazel eyes opened up. The sun was trying its hardest to shine through her closed blinds. Staring at the clock, she thought to maybe try to sleep for three more minutes, but found it pointless. Dabi was still asleep at the side of her bed, so her feet met something unexpected when she tried to get down. She was barely awake, but she had done this morning for so long that she was alarmed when something was different. Dabi felt her feet gently touch his side and he woke up. He was not a very heavy sleeper.

"Dabi?" Maddie asked while rubbing her eyes, looking down at his massive body covering her floor.

Dabi turned red with embarrassment and sat up. "Good morning, Maddie."

Maddie rewired her brain to finally remember he was now living with her and to believe the impossible of an extraterrestrial being existed. She smiled softly at him. "What are you doing on the floor?"

That question caused a bit of anxiety to rush into Dabi's chest. "I-I... forgive me... I just..." He was meaning to wake up before she did and move so she'd never find out. "Y-You see... I am... I felt... alone... out there and... I wished to be close to someone that I trusted."

Maddie frowned. "I'm sorry you were lonely." She shook her head. "The floor couldn't have been very comfortable."

"It wasn't." Dabi smiled with a nod. "It reminded me so much of home."

"Oh..." Maddie frowned at the living conditions he must've gone through. It saddned her to think how scared and alone he felt on this planet that he had to cling and be close to the one thing who helped him. It was his only sense of true security. She understood his pain. "I can bring the air mattress in here so you can be closer if you want. I have room."

"Nonsense. That would be an unnecessary hassle for you." Dabi dismissed the idea.

"It would make me happy if you were in here if it made you feel better." Maddie smiled.

"S-So, it would be a hassle for you to see me struggle more than moving the bed?" Dabi asked as if the concept was really confusing.

"Yep." Maddie nodded, beginning to understand how this warriors brain was wired.

"Very well, but I will move--" Dabi tried to say.

It was eight O'clock. Maddie's alarm clock began to beep loudly. She saw nothing weird about it, of course, and went to turn it off. Dabi, however, didn't understand the concept of an alarm clock. "MADDIE! GET AWAY!" He screamed suddenly.

Maddir jumped at his screams. "What?! What is it?!"

Dabi grabbed the alarm clock. "A BOMB HAS BEEN PLACED IN YOUR HOME! DO NOT PANIC! I WILL FIND A WAY TO DISABLE IT!"

"Oh, Dabi." Maddie smiled at his naive nature and giggled. "It's not a bomb. That's just my alarm clock."

"Alarm clock?" Dabi stopped and looked at her while the clock still screamed in his hands. "You mean it tells you when you should be alarmed? What is going to happen? Is it a warning?"

"No, I have to wake up at a certain time. It's just to make sure I do." Maddie got out of bed and took the clock from him. "Then you press this button on top and it'll stop beeping." She put it back gently on her desk. "I actually have to get ready for work. Could you leave the room so I can get dressed?"