The Nightmares of a Knight

It was a bright and sunny day. The perfect day for the picnic Maddie had wanted to go on with Dabi. They were out in the woods where Maddie could watch Dabi train, just like he said he wanted to do for her. Maddie sat on the chosen picnic blanket eating while Dabi showed off his moves to her. They were very quick and they showed off his strong and firm muscles. He was fulfilling his wish to train and to impress Maddie at once. She couldn't take her eyes off of him. If she did, she'd end up missing something.

"There!" Dabi stopped for a moment, not even breaking a sweat from all the exercise. "Those are some basic movements for the Omosaran."

Maddie blushed a little in awe. "Those were just basic movements?"

Dabi grinned and let out a chuckle. "Well, yes. If you would like, I will show you something more advanced."

"Oh, sure!" Maddie nodded and looked at the picnic basket. "When you're done, though, can you come and eat with me?"

"Yes, of course, my queen." Dabi nodded and grabbed his sword out of the scabbard.

Maddie watched as he held his sword up in the air. He placed his eyes on a nearby tree behind her, pointing it once he had the exact spot. Maddie blinked and suddenly he was gone. A violent gust of wind blew through her hair. She looked behind herself to see Dabi being her and the tree cut into pieces. "Wow..." Her eyes couldn't believe what she was seeing. "I can't believe how fast you are, Dabi." A sweet smile went across her face. "You're amazing."

Red spread across Dabi's face. "Haha... well..." He nearly fell over due to her compliment. "I appreciate it, my queen." There was silence for a moment and he shook his head, sitting down next to her. "What earthly meal have you prepared for me?"

"Oh, it's just some ham sandwiches." Maddie shyly smiled and opened the picnic basket. She pulled out four sandwiches. "U-Um... I made you three so you'll have plenty of food."

"You are very considerate, my queen." Dabi grabbed one of the sandwiches from her. "I am a very lucky knight to have you."

Maddie blushed and looked away. "You're so sweet. I'm really lucky you have a knight like you, Dabi."

A chuckle escaped from Dabi's lips. He took a bite of his first sandwich, enjoying the taste very much. "Fantastic as always." He said after he swallowed his bite. "Thank you very much for supplying me with plenty of nutrients, my queen. It is very much obliged."

"Of course." Maddie smiled with a giggle. "I'd never let you go hungry."

Dabi leaned closer to her. "You are always very kind and considerate. I like that very much about you, my queen. You are perfect. Much like a maiden from a dream."

Maddie shyly blushed and looked down at her food. "I'm not perfect, Dabi..."

Although he had no idea what flirting was, Dabi ended up doing it anyway. "After we are finished with our dining, may we take a stroll together?" A hopeful smile went across his face.

"O-Oh, sure." Maddie nodded.

They did just that once they had finished eating. The whole picnic itself could've basically been summed up as a date without either of them realizing, but the walk afterward really felt like one. It did to Maddie, at least. Dabi was beginning to make it even more clear to her that he thought of her as much more than just a friend. Even still, she didn't want to see it. She was still too afraid. She had never been with anyone before. Even someone as loving towards her as Dabi intimidated her.

Dabi looked down at Maddie's small hand as they walked. His hand gently attempted to reach for hers, but he stopped himself. It was rude to do something like that without asking. "My queen?"