CH 2: weird first day

Beep beep beep

Fucks sake

Beep beep beep

UUUGGGHHHHH. Stupid alarms. Welp, the universe has decided to let me live another day and I am about to make it everyone's problem...

Crawling out of bed, I wince looking at my new bruises, let's just say I won't be late for curfew again anytime soon. Getting changed into my normal black oversized hoodie and jeans, I make sure to be extra quiet when going to the tiny bathroom in our (me and my aunts) minuscule apartment and look I look at my face in the mirror hanging by the single string above the sink. Two big bruises stretch from my forehead to my cheek but nothing that I can't cover with makeup - right?

Tiptoeing downstairs and passing my Aunt who crashed on the couch after last night drinking episode, on my way to the door, I passed the kitchen and gazed longingly at the fridge, two more days, then I get my weekly meal....only two more days....

(Time skip to walking with maya to school)

"So, first day of sophomore year, how are you feeling about that?" I ask a very excited Maya who literally seemed to be leaping down the road.
"Great! I heard we are having a new teacher in every single subject!!!!" She practically gasped in my ear

Wait seriously? I don't even know how Maya gets this information let alone how I feel about having a whole new team of demons intended to make my life a living hell. The thing is, I'm not exactly the best at trusting people.... scratch that, I'm terrible at it but here we go I guess

(Time skip to arriving at school)

Welp, this is it, I gulped but continued to wear my emotionless facial expression that I had mastered a long time ago. As we were approaching the school doors, a man with a name tag that read 'Happy' stopped us asking for student id, that's a first I guess. Maya sent me a questioning glance but I just shrugged in response.
Once we were checked and approved by this 'Happy' guy, we were told that we should go straight to the auditorium and we would be instructed on what to do from there.

Walking through the halls, not much had changed but as we neared the auditorium, I noticed that the security was much tighter than it was before.
"Paranoid much..." Maya stated, rolling her eyes only slightly
"Hmmmm," I hummed in reply, "they probably think we're gonna run away or something which now that I think about it, seems more and more like a good idea"
Maya snorted in response earning a few weird looks from the security guards (yes even more). We both got checked for id again, this one taking a bit longer, before finding our seats in the middle of the auditorium just as a man with dark skin and an eye patch wearing a trench coat walked on the stage, not gonna lie, he kinda looked like a pirate with out the leg.

"Good morning students, my name is Director Fury and I am you new headmaster,"
"Fury," I thought, "seems fitting if you asked me" I thought to myself, the emotionless face remaining.
He carried on, "Allow me to introduce you to your new teaching faculty..."
I zoned out on the rest of his little speech but really tuned in when the teachers started to come on stage one by one.

>The gym teacher was a woman with fierce red hair who looked like she took no-ones shit and wouldn't hesitate to knock you out if you pissed her off enough (Natasha)
>There was another gym teacher who was a man with long, dark hair and had small bits of stubble covering his chin, he had piercing blue eyes that I noted at first glance and looked naturally emotionless rather like me (Bucky)
>The history teacher had a very 40's vibe about him, he had blonde hair and he kinda looked like he was on steroids with all the muscles bulging out of his shirt (Steve)
>The maths/tech teacher looked like he was bored already. He had a little goatee, wearing a professionally tailored suit and wearing glasses that probably cost more than my life altogether (Tony)
>The science teacher looked a little nervous but I am pretty sure I am the only one who notices that (I am incredibly observant), I could tell because he was shaking slightly. He already had a lab coat on and had greying dark hair and glasses. He looked like he had been through the mill. (Bruce)

"Dismissed!" Shouted Director Fury,his words echoing through the auditorium. School. yay. (Note the sarcasm)