On the road

It's been a few days since Dave's been in the hospital, and finally his bruises had healed. This only meant one thing; he could finally return home.
He could now succeed with the promise he had made to Bambi.

The doctors helped him get onto his wheelchair and notified Bambi that Dave would be let out of the hospital, and that he could come and pick him up.

When Bambi received this call, his gloomy and sorrow self disappeared, and turned into a happy and joyful self. He rushed out his farm house and climbed onto his truck, driving to the hospital as fast as he could, not passing the speed limit of course.

A few minutes passed and Bambi had arrived. He rushed inside and to his surprise saw Dave in a wheelchair while a doctor accompanied him from behind. He saw Dave and couldn't help but cry tears, but not of sadness. Those were true tears of joy and happiness.

Bambi thanked the doctor and gave her a handshake. She left, and it was now only Dave and Bambi. Dave smiled, happy to see his best friend, happy that he would finally go home, happy that he would've have to lay down on a bed for hours a day.

"Bambi! Oh, how glad I am to finally see you agai-" Dave was cut off by a tight and warm hug. He hugged back, and smiled even more. He felt a few tears drop on his back, but he didn't mind at all.

"Let it all out bud, let it all out... I'm okay now, so don't worry..."
He said, trying his best to comfort Bambi a bit. He wanted him to know he was okay, and that he would make sure nothing like this would ever happen again.

Bambi didn't say anything, but hearing this made his tears lessen by each second. He pulled away from the hug carefully and looked at Dave once again with glimmering eyes. He smiled, and went behind him to push him and the wheelchair out the hospital. Once they were outside, Bambi pushed one side of the door opened, and carried Dave with his arms, into the empty seat. Once he saw that Dave was comfortable in the seat, he took the wheelchair and placed it on top of the trunk.

Bambi then placed himself on the driver's seat and off they went. As they were in the middle of the drive in silence, Bambi suddenly paused the truck, and stood there, grabbing the staring wheel forcefully. Tears began to form once again.

Dave was surprised, both because his best friend had started to cry and because the demonstration to Dave that he had really been missed dearly. This warmed his heart a bit.
Even though it was hard to move, Dave tried his best and leaned in to give Bambi a hug.
-
-
-
-
-
[HEY HEY HEY, ITS ME THY AUTHOR! I'D LIKE TO THANK YOU GUYS FOR THE AMOUNT OF READS THE BOOK HAS GOTTEN, IT MEANS A LOT TO ME! <3

ALSO, IF YOU WANNA SEE SOME MORE ART BY ME, CHECK OUT MY TWITTER 1yougetnohoes1]