Chapter 1: Awakened Eyes

Konohagakure no Sato is considered as one of the strongest villages in the Elemental Nations. The village known for its extraordinary strength in the shinobi arts easily rose from the devastation caused by the Kyuubi attack 8 years ago. Peace has reigned in the village after a few years of the destruction but was relatively broken by the sound of a mob chasing an 8 year old boy with blonde hair, blue eyes, and 3 whisker marks on both his cheeks. The boy's name is Uzumaki Naruto.

The boy, Uzumaki Naruto, was used to this kind of treatment from the villagers. He didn't know the reason why he is being hated and that he deserved this kind of animosity from everyone, but his 8-year old mind was busy trying to find ways to survive from his current ordeal than to ponder the mysteries that seemed to pronounce this fate.

Despite his malnourished state, Naruto used his small body to outrun the mob. His stamina was considered the best in the village, able to outrun the ANBU or Chunnins chasing him to catch him in one of his pranks; but it seems like today is not one of his lucky days. He found himself in one of the dead-end alleys that blocked his escape. He tried to find a way out of this predicament but, alas, he resigned himself to his fate for another round of beatings.

"Finally we caught you demon brat." A villager shouted after cornering the cowering blond holding a pitchfork in front of him, ready to impale the boy.

"Today we are going to finish what the Yondaime started. We are going to kill you demon." Another villager ranted, brandishing a cleaver. Shouts of "kill the demon", "destroy the brat" and other expletives were coming out of the crowd. For Naruto, all of this means nothing but a load of pain and suffering if he ever gets out of this alive.

The first attack came in the form of kunais which he barely avoided except for a couple impaling him on the legs and shoulders. It seems that there were also ninjas in the group but the lack of the usual shinobi garb hid their presence well. The rest of the villagers took this as a signal to start their vengeance and fell on the boy with their chosen weapons.

He was stabbed in the stomach with a kunai, his arms were sliced by a cleaver, his right shoulder was stabbed by a pitchfork. He was beaten to every inch of his life which left him with bruises and more bleeding. He was in unbearable pain; his entire body ached from the various stab wounds and cuts. He was curled on the alley floor and tried to stand but a sudden pain made him fall back on the ground gasping for breath, it seems that his legs were broken, as well as his left arm. Despite the torture that he went through, he was still conscious.

"Why? What...did...I do... to you people?" he gasped out, tears leaking out from his face.

One of the villagers looked at him, sneering. "Why you ask? Because you are a demon! We are just exercising our civic duty to finish what the Fourth started... TO KILL YOU AND END YOUR MISERABLE EXISTENCE DEMON." With that, he swung down his katana, aiming to decapitate the boy.

Naruto saw the sword and time seemed to slow down. His pitiful existence flashed before his very eyes. He recalled all the beatings, the ridicule, and the insult. He was wondering why he was clinging to life so hard and it would be a blessing for him to just die and meet his parents in the afterlife. But before he was about to give up, he recalled one conversation he had with his surrogate grandfather, the Hokage, during one of their ramen trips.

(FLASHBACK)

Naruto was enjoying his fifth bowl of ramen with his Hokage-jiji. He enjoyed hanging out with the old man that he treated as a grandfather, along with the Ichiraku Ramen family that fed him when he was out of food.

In fact, there were only a few people in Konoha that treated Naruto like one of them. One of them being the Hokage, the Ichiraku family consisting of old man Teuchi and his daughter Ayame, and of course the two ANBU guards that he considered as older brothers, Weasel and Dog.