Chapter 10: Gifts and Traitors

Naruto appeared in his training yard in a pillar of flame. It was one of his unique Shunshin (High-Speed Teleportation) signatures. He found out that his limitless control over the elements automatically incorporated elemental teleportation to the mix. All he needed was to decide which element to use and voila.

He didn't stay long in the Academy after the graduation exam since today is a big day for him. Today was the day that he will be receiving his gifts from his summons. He didn't regret denying their offers of giving him techniques and training; in fact, he agreed that no human should ever be given such power. It would either corrupt him, which he doubted, or people will be hunting him down just to steal such power for their own. Besides, he already have the most powerful bijuu in his gut so, no, he doesn't need any more thank you very much.

While he was walking to the center of the training yard, he was contemplating on the gifts he will be receiving from the 3 Legendary Summons. He knew that it would be battle related since they were hinting that he would definitely need them for the trials in the future. He shook his head to clear his thoughts and took a deep calming breath to prepare himself to meet the bosses.

He arrived at the training ground and closed his eyes to help him relax. He was giddy over the thought of receiving powerful gifts from the Legendary creatures so he needed to calm himself down before he makes a mess of things. He gathered the required chakra to summon the 3 creatures and channeled them into the tattoos on his right arm. A large amount of smoke later, Seiryuu, Suzaku, and Byakko stood in front of him in all their glory. He noticed that their individual stances were of great formality so he chose this time to forego his usual childish greeting and give them the respect they were due. He bowed low.

"Seiryuu-sama, Suzaku-sama, Byakko-sama. As requested, I have summoned you as you requested 3 years ago." said Naruto formally.

"Indeed young one. I see that you have grown strong and stayed true to your goals and ways. It is time for you to receive our gifts." said Seiryuu.

"Admirable Naruto-kun. I don't sense any greed from you despite the fact you will be receiving gifts from us. I admire your pure heart. It will serve you well." declared a proud Suzaku.

"Well what do you know? The brat did graduate from the Academy and has become a Shinobi of the Leaf. I guess you won the bet this time eh Seiryuu? So Naruto, are you ready to receive our gifts?" asked Byakko.

Unable to resist his hidden child any longer, he gave Byakko a cheeky grin that he knew would irritate the white bag of fur. "Hai furball-sama! Ready and waiting." Byakko growled.

"Cheeky brat. I'll go first. So brat, hold out your hand."

Naruto did as instructed and a white-sheated odachi appeared on the palm of his hand. He gasped at the beauty of the sword he was holding. The entire sword was pure white. The Tsuka itself was a work of art. It sported a white cloth grip instead of the usual fish-skin common in most katana-type weapons. The pommel was designed to look like a roaring tiger, definitely a likeness of Byakko. The Tsuba was made of gold.

He grasped the sheath and gripped the handle firmly then slowly pulled the blade out. The blade was pure white made from a form of metal that he has never seen before. Heck, he didn't think that there were even metals with the color white so this was definitely unique. Overall, the odachi was taller than him and it was beautiful.

Byakko interrupted his close inspection of the blade. "I see that you liked my gift. It is called Kazehime (Wind Princess). It is the prized blade of the Tiger Clan and now it belongs to you. Its abilities would serve you well in battle."