Chapter 3: Revelations

Naruto opened his eyes and saw that it was morning. He guessed that it took almost all night to talk to Kyuubi about his bloodline. His body was well rested it seems considering that his body was asleep while his mind did all the work. It was amazing that he didn't get any headache from the whole thing.

"Of course, I wouldn't want you to wake up with a headache. I shudder to think you reaction would be when you wake up with a migraine." quipped Kyuubi from his head.

"I didn't know we can talk like this." said Naruto.

"You really are an idiot at times. If you remember, I talked to you when you were attacked in that alley." said Kyuubi in an amused tone.

"Oh yeah right. Sorry about that." replied a sheepish Naruto.

"If you don't mind, I'll go take a nap. I stayed up all night talking to you so I want to go to sleep and leave you alone for a while." said Kyuubi, getting a mental image of the fox yawning and curling up in his cage.

Naruto shook his head and sat up on his bed. He pulled off the covers and found that he was garbed in a hospital gown. "I guess my clothes are gone now." he thought sadly when he remembered the beatings he got from yesterday. He looked around and saw that he was alone so he proceeded to practice his bloodline a bit before someone comes knocking in.

He closed his eyes and channeled chakra to his eyes. He felt the same warmth pool around his eyes that told him that his bloodline was active. He opened his eyes and saw that he was surrounded again by his Elemental Orbs. Remembering what Kyuubi told him about his ability, he willed the orbs to move in front of him so he can inspect them closely and they did.

The five elemental orbs swiftly moved in front of him, seemingly like a puppy happy to serve its master. Each orb represent each element – an orb of red-hot flames, a white orb of crackling electricity, a blue orb of water, a green orb of swirling wind, and a brown orb made of earth. Curious, he stuck one of his fingers into the fire orb and was surprised that it didn't burn him. It was warm, comfortable to the touch. He pulled it out and stuck the same finger into the white orb of electricity which made the tip of his finger tingle.

He played around with it a bit, making them dance around his body; also do some tricks like a loop the loop which he found entertaining. He also experimented on the range of his bloodline; it seems that these orbs were self-sustaining and can leave the range of his body. He experimented with this a bit by throwing the balls on the ends of the room and was happy that they didn't disappear.

He also remembered that Kyuubi told him about his Chakra Manipulation so he gave it a shot and channeled chakra to his finger to connect to the orbs. It didn't work as he planned. All he got was a wisp of chakra escaping from his fingers and nothing else. "I guess Kyuubi was right when he told me that Chakra Manipulation requires more practice compared to my Elemental Orbs."

He was so busy with his experimentation that he didn't notice the Hokage and Dog enter the medical ward he was in. They're jaws were hanging open when they saw Naruto playing around with spheres made of Elements. It was astounding and freaky at the same time. The Hokage coughed to get his attention.

Naruto was busy playing around with his Elemental Orbs when he heard someone cough in the room. He turned his head and saw the Hokage and Dog standing there on the door with their mouth hanging open. He gave them both a wave that caused the orbs to weave around him as if they were playing.

"Hiyah jiji, Dog-san." he greeted his visitors. Both approached Naruto cautiously to avoid getting attacked by the orbs. Dog informed the Hokage everything that happened in the alley so both were quite cautious when they approach. Naruto noticed this. "Don't worry jiji. They won't attack." He demonstrated that he was in complete control of his ability by letting them move around his body with his fingers telling them where to go to alleviate their concerns.