Chapter 17: A Helping Hand

It has been a week since the battle with Zabuza and Naruto has been busy training with the rest of his teammates. Since he already mastered tree walking and water walking...again, he moved to his own training since there was nothing his senseis can really teach him in terms of Ninjutsu, Genjutsu, or Taijutsu.

This is why Naruto is now in a secluded clearing a little distant from Tazuna's house practicing with Kazehime. While he was flowing from one stance to another, his thoughts drifted back to the meeting he had with the rest of the team last night, as well as his confrontation with Tsunami's son, Inari.

(FLASHBACK)

Team 7 and 8 along with their Jounin sensei was in the kitchen having an impromptu meeting regarding the potential battle in the future. Kakashi theorized that the massive injuries that Zabuza sustained in the hands of Naruto would take at least 2 weeks to heal but they would exercise caution by assigning some of them to look out for Tazuna every time he goes out to work on the bridge.

At least one Jounin sensei would be present in guarding the client plus two Genins. They decided to team up Naruto and Kiba, Shino and Hinata, and Sasuke with Sakura. The team was decided according to individual skills that are compatible with each other.

"I would expect that we have 5 to 7 days more for Zabuza to heal up and finally launch an attack on the bridge to kill Tazuna. All of your current training will have to continue to make sure that it would give you a good chance to survive and bring down the enemy." said Kakashi.

Kurenai continued Kakashi's train of thought. "Also, it is quite possible that Zabuza would be bringing in reinforcements considering the firepower we have at our disposal." She locked her gaze at Naruto who was trying not to get embarrassed at the direct jab over his Kamigan. "We need to come up with a plan to prepare the place of battle just in case their numbers is too much for us to handle so any ideas?"

"I'm not sure if it would work but we could make use of my other trap seal just in case if the numbers is too much for us to handle." suggested Naruto while deep in thought.

Kakashi looked at Naruto, curious about the suggestion. "What do you mean trap seal? Are you talking about the one you used in the battle with Zabuza?"

"Yes and No. Yes because the concept is similar and No, it is totally different." He pulled out the white seal tag from his pocket and laid it down on the table for all to see. Everyone was eyeing it with curiosity. "This is the other trap seal that I designed that is similar to the one on my gloves. Instead of firing the projectile in the pointed direction, this trap tag fires the weapons at specific intervals in ALL direction. Perfect 360 degrees projectile attack. All is needed is to give it enough chakra for it to keep firing or until it runs out of projectiles." Naruto explained proudly.

Kakashi and Kurenai were impressed. The advantage of such a seal will easily tip the tide to their favor in any battle. Now the only problem is where to place them. "That is a very good idea Naruto. All we need to do is to decide where to place these tags to get the most out of it."

Naruto tapped his chin with a finger. "Hmmmm I think we can easily set up the battlefield to our favor by making sure that the trap seals are near the place where Tazuna is located. If I base it on what I read on the history books, Zabuza and Gato would likely attack at the end of the bridge since Tazuna would be there. He is their target after all."

Kakashi pondered on that for a moment before nodding. "Good thinking Naruto. I think it would be best to place the trap at night to make sure you aren't found out." Shino raised his hands that interrupted Kakashi. "Yes Shino?"

Shino coughed a bit when everyone's attention was trained on him. "I would like to add to that plan. It is logical to have either Hinata or me assist Naruto as a lookout once he place the traps to make sure that the coast is clear and eliminate the chance of discovery. Hinata's Byakugan or my insects can keep a lookout on the perimeter to make sure that no one can see Naruto as he place and hides the traps."