𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚛.

mistake number whatever: dismissing the little argument we had.

and this would be one of many times.

i remember two days after that, while wilbur and i were just avoiding eachother, he comes up to me after school all sad.

"vanellope?" i remember his voice was raspy. low and tired. his hair was ruffled, and the bags under his eyes had gotten bigger.
it was rainy. it honestly felt like a movie.

if i'm honest, i really wanted to get back to being friends with him.

he drops his backpack, "look, vanellope, i-" -- he gets closer to me. -- "i'm so sorry," it looked like the words were getting caught in his throat.

"i was thinking about what i said and i really had to reflect on it," -- he takes a few more steps toward me. were those raindrops on his face or tears..? -- "i just need you to forgive me."

"wilbur," -- my voice raises a bit. -- "i really want to forgive you."
"i just need you to tell me the truth."
"why did you want to know?" my voice is weak, breaking. opposite to wilbur, yet similar.

a pause. the only noise is raindrops pitter-pattering on the sidewalk. we're both soaking from the rain, just looking at eachother.

he takes more steps so he's right infront of me.

"vanellope, i love you." the words come out like a bolt of thunder. i loved him too.

"wilbur," i remember how speechless i was.

i see him look down at my lips.
i smile at him.

"i love you too." i whisper.

we share a soft kiss. he tastes like smoke and ash. i feel his hands rest on my waist.

another mistake for the tally.