𝚜𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗.

"i really don't know if i should do it, guys." i explained to my friend group
"come on, vanellope! you shouldn't let him dictate what you do!" uma said.

"i mean, he looked so sad and-"
"vanellope. nella. v-lizzle. you have to do this." penny voiced.

later that day, between classes, i met up with wilbur at his locker. he leaned against the wall next to his locker. we just chatted. i remember how charismatic he was. the way he flicked his hair back, and the way he put his arms around me. the way he made me feel safe as part of his little plan.

we talked, and he said he was going to the bathroom. as he walked away he tried to close it, but my hand was in a spot where it blocked it from closing. after recovering from the pain, i looked up at the door of his locker.

pictures.
of me.
i didn't remember taking them.
they were taken from outside my window.
polaroids taped onto the inside of his locker, adorned with scrawlings of hearts and praises of me. pictures of me walking home, entering my house, using my computer, hanging out with friends. written on them, compliments of me and my appearance.
it was.. not shocking; but made my skin crawl. 

i just walked away.
why did i just walk away?
it was such a big red flag.
god, i was dumb.
dismissing so many signs just because he was hot.
just because he managed to get his foot in the door.
just because he managed to get into my heart.

i got a notification after school.

lonelyboy: hey, vanellope.

vonschweetsz: hey

lonelyboy: can i come to your house?

vonschweetsz: no, srry
vonschweetsz: tired 2day

lonelyboy: come on, i'll only be for a bit.

vonschweetsz: yeah, still a no

lonelyboy: just let me come over!

vonschweetsz: wilbur i just need a second
vonschweetsz is offline

i needed to tell uma about what was happening.