Chapter 9: Aliens.

He looked up at her, with his lips quivering. "I just can't" he whispered. "That's what I thought" Aimy said while walking out of the house, and slamming the door. Grim remained on the floor, watching her leave.

He stared at the door thinking she would come back, but it's been an hour, and she definitely wasn't coming back. He threw his head into the palm of his hands, and started to cry. "This was a fucking mistake" he said to himself while sobbing. He felt a terrible pain in his chest where his heart would be if he had one. Grim rubbed away his tears, smearing his eye makeup, and got up from the floor.

"I knew this wouldn't work" he mumbled to himself. He started to feel less sad, and began to feel very angry. "She probably doesn't love me either. I'm just some dude she can hang out with when she's lonely." He walked inside his bathroom, continuing to mumble to himself in anger. "She never really bothered to even know me either. But why is she so fucking bent over me not liking water?" "Good riddance. I don't need her. I never needed her. She means absolutely nothing to me!"

He looked down at his sink, and turned the water on. He stood there, and just watched the water pour out of the faucet. Tiny drops of water splashed onto the counter, causing Grim to slightly tense up. Grim took a deep breath, and quickly stuck his hands under the water, letting it burn him. He laid his head on his arm while his hands where still in the water, trying to deal with the pain.

His fingers began to twitch, and he became restless. "I can't!" He yelled out while swiftly moving his hands away from the water. He looked at his hands, and they were super red, and burned. While holding his hands, he took his elbow and turned the water off. Then he sighed. "I just want this to work."

Aimy walked back to the school to get her car. She wiped away a few tears that tried to fall from her eyes. While walking on the sidewalk, she seen Dib and Gaz— the kids Grim babysits. They were walking past her, and Dib seemed to be talking about Zim and one of his schemes. "He's afraid of water! Can you believe it? Water! Now I can use water to defeat Zim, and all the other aliens that try to conquer Earth!" Dib said aloud.

Aimy eavesdropped on the conversation. "Zim is a afraid of water?" Aimy thought to herself. She tried comparing what she heard about Zim with her situation with Grim. "Wait— I'm being ridiculous. Grim isn't an alien!" She started laughing, and then stopped. She pulled out her phone, and called Rika.

"Hey Aimy! What's up?" "Hey, are you busy?" Aimy asked. "Um, my shift is over in about 15 minutes. Why?" "I'll explain later. Im getting my car from the school, and I'll pick you up at your work, okay?" "...okay" Rika replied and then hung up.

Rika waited outside the corner store in her uniform, smoking a cig and holding an umbrella. Soon, a rusty station wagon pulled up next to her. Rika threw the cig, and got inside the car. "Hey!" Rika said to Aimy. "You don't, look so good." Aimy was drenched from the rain, and some of her mascara ran down her face. "It's a long story" she said while taking out her pigtails.

Soon, the two of them arrived at Aimy's house, and they both ran upstairs to her room. Rika plopped onto Aimy's bed, and started to admire her stuffed animals. "How'd it go with Grim? Did you talk to him?" Aimy started laughing. "It was a total nightmare!" Rika looked puzzled. "Why?" She asked. Aimy started pacing around her room. "I got to his house and he complained about me being wet from the rain, and every time I went to hug him he acted weird, and wouldn't tell me why."

"I mean, If you were wet and tried to hug me, I wouldn't want to get wet too." Rika said while lounging on the bed. "No but this was different! It was like he was afraid of me!" Aimy sat next to Rika on the bed. "I kept asking him why he's acting like this, and he kept saying he couldn't tell me!" Rika struggled to follow Aimy's story. "So— you're mad, because he didn't want to hug you because you were wet..." Rika asked. "No! That's not—" Aimy facepalmed.