CHAPTER TWO

pairing: enforcer!bucky barnes x fem!reader; mob boss!nick fowler x fem!reader

warnings?: spanking, pet name (topolina), not proofread

It wasn't like you meant to cause problems. Sometimes, you really were trying to not do anything wrong. Some days, you were walking on eggshells to make sure you didn't upset Nick. This wasn't the life you wanted, and it certainly wasn't the one you would have chosen for yourself. But if this was the life you had to have...Well, you might as well try to make your peace with it.

As Nick's fiancée, you were expected to join him wherever he told you to go. And today, he had wanted you to join him in a meeting about a new shipment that was supposed to be coming in. He spared you most of the details, and you didn't pay enough attention to catch anything yourself. And it wasn't as if that was the important part. All you were supposed to do was be perched on his lap, be the pretty little fiancée that was only to be looked at and not heard.

And you tried your best to be just that. In all honesty, you weren't even entirely sure what you did wrong. You remembered Nick telling you to hand him his glass of scotch, how you leaned over to grab it, and how disgusting, vile, horrible John Walker took the opportunity to ogle at your chest, at the barely noticeable peak of cleavage. You remembered how Nick's jaw clenched, how he snapped at Walker to keep his eyes off of you. In the moment, you didn't think you'd done anything wrong. And you still didn't.

But, when the meeting ended, when Nick's associates filed out of the room, Nick forced you onto your feet, spinning you so you were facing the desk. He pushed you down, made you bend at the waist, hiking up the dress he picked out for you and tugged down on your pair of panties.

"What do you have to say for yourself?" he asked, kneading the flesh of your ass in his rough hands.

"I don't know," you whispered.

And you meant it. Because you truly, genuinely, didn't know what you did was wrong. Was it because of Walker? How were you to blame when he was the creep? If Nick was willing to kill Bucky for wanting a life with you, why didn't Nick do the same, if not worse, to Walker? To the man who was objectifying you?

"Wrong answer," Nick said. He leaned down over you, his lips ghosting over the shell of your ear. You tried to not cringe at his hot breath fanning over you. You knew you were already in trouble, even if you didn't know why, but you knew that cringing away from him would only make things far, far worse for you. "Do you want to try again?"

"I-I-I don't know," you stammered. You squeezed your eyes shut, trying to stop the tears from overflowing. God, you felt so pathetic. How could you be so emotional so easily? Did you really have to cry at everything? "Please, I'm sorry."

"How can you be sorry if you don't even know what you've done?" He let out a low chuckle. You could practically see him shaking his head, an almost cruel smirk curling across his face. "One more chance, topolina. Tell me what you did wrong, and I might be kinder."