𝐏𝐫𝐞𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 | 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏

"𝒔𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒘𝒃𝒆𝒓𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒔 | 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐨𝐮𝐬 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥, 𝐚 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐫, 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐥𝐮𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐩𝐢𝐞𝐜𝐞𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐰𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬" - 𝑴𝒊𝒄𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒍 𝑭𝒂𝒖𝒏𝒅𝒆𝒕

The sound of her feet echoed softly through the empty meadow, the soft crunching of rocks and dirt making her presence known. Her bare feet barely scratching under the trampled grass. 

The dewy morning breeze gave her skin a slight glistening glow, as the small slivers of the sun's pink and orange rays bounced off her long wavy blonde hair, her heavy breathing mixed with the beautiful melodies of the birds, creating a soft song as she ran.

She admired the scenery, yellow wild flowers scattered around her, their leafs covered in the morning dew and small insects coming to pollinate.

She hurried her pace as the view of her home came into view, she could see the wall filled with shrubs and flowers that surrounded her bedroom, as well as the blooming willow tree that led to her balcony,  her swing was slowly swaying with the breeze.

Her home was quite large, one of the biggest homes in the neighborhood. After all she came from one of the wealthiest families around, her home included more than five bedrooms, and their backyard had its own lake, or pond most would say. Their home was protected by a small wooden fence, she remembers how every summer it would get painted white, yet she preferred the faded into wood look.

She let out a soft laugh through heavy breaths, her feet running faster and faster as she gather  momentum throwing her body over it in a attempt to climb over the small wooden fence, her left leg aiming above the fence as both of her hands held on to its sturdy wood.

Dawn knew better than to try and go above the stupid fence, but always the ambitious one she just needed to try one more time, what was the worst that could happen she thought. 

And like every other time, her left foot met the floor just as her right foot got stuck on the ledge of the fence, instinctively her hands moved forward to protect her face from the inevitable ground.

Her body landed forward in the hard grassy ground with a loud thud, her hands scrapping across a few pebbles laying nearby. The pulsing pressure and few streaks of blood appearing out of her hands in an instant, made her groan out in pain, she expected it, but the pain always has taken her by surprise.

"Bloody hell." She rolled herself towards her back as she wiped her bloody hands on her baby pink night dress, her blue eyes darted towards her home scanning every door and window in sight making sure no one was up or worse, looking for her.

She had grown into a bad habit of sneaking out during the nights towards her safe place, sometimes she would get caught by servants, most of them where more worried about the fact of her parents finding out and them losing their jobs for losing their only daughter. 

Praying that Margaret; her court lady, wasn't already in her room, she pushed herself upwards as she speed walked towards the giant willow tree, being as quiet as possible, making sure not to give away her position. 

Once she reached her willow tree her head went to gaze upon its enormous height, Dawn would often get vertigo as she climbed it,  yet it was her only way in and  out without being detected.

"It's okay Dawn, you're fine." She mumbled to herself as she looked down at her scrapped hands, the hard tree trunk in front of her taunting her with more pain. Shrugging off her shoulders, she jumped from foot to foot, her head moving side to side as she cleared her mind.