1

You doodle in your notebook while not paying attention to a distant voice, the voice which belonged to Miss Hill, your history teacher. You know you should pay attention in class, but it soon got too boring. You doodled flowers, smiley faces, eyes and even a cat in your notebook.

"That's it for class today, please do write some notes on today's topic when you have the time. I'll see you next week." That was the only sentence that got your attention. You looked at your watch to see it was 11:30 a.m.

You sigh to yourself, "Another 2 hours before I can go home" you mutter under your breath. You felt sleepy since you stayed up last night painting. You needed rest, badly.

Just as you rub your eyes, you hear a horrific scream. You clearly got shaken by the scream and your mind goes into overthinking mode in an instant.

Maybe it's the drama club, no, it can't be they wouldn't scream like that. Is it a school shoot out? Will I die? No get it together, maybe someone got seriously hurt. Is one of the school blocks on fire? No, I can't smell any smoke.

Within seconds your mind thinks of all kinds of scenarios that might happen.

The screaming only get louder. The class panics as the teachers from other classes come out of the classroom. Your friends come over to your table, clearly shaken like you because of the screaming. The two best friend were Amber and Noelle.

"Y/n, you heard screaming right?" Amber said but stuttered a bit. "I think we all did." you replied. You tell them to pack some important belongings just in case. You throw your phone into the bag along with your other stuff. You take out most of your books, stumbling while you do so because of the increasing amount of screaming. You don't know why you're even packing but your brain is telling you to in case of the worst.

Just then, you saw something pass through the class window. A student.

But his eyes were only white, his skin turned light gray. Veins on his skin are very much showing. His hair was messy, face smeared with crimson liquid, and his posture was... not normal.

You freeze upon seeing him. Your friends noticed your horrified face and shake your shoulders, asking for a response. 

After snapping out, and without thinking, you take your bag and take your friends' hand. You rush out of the classroom with them, you hear doors shutting behind, your classmates are barricading the door right after you and your friends ran out because you panicked, great . The grey skinned student doesn't seem to notice the three of you running. While running, you hear more screams and cries.

The three of you kept running, you clearly weren't thinking clearly. Everything was happening, very fast. You happen to run by the sport equipment storage. Turning your head, you see a figure running towards you and your friends. Turning to the storage, you pray the door wasn't locked and thank goodness it wasn't, you pull your friends inside and immediately shuts the door.

You lock the door from the inside, while catching your breath, your hands shake because of everything that's happening. You snap out of it when Noelle shakes you on the shoulders. "Y/n, calm down, can you hear me?" Amber and Noelle hugs you, you embrace them in return.

"Ok, so, anyone wants to tell me what on earth is happening?" Amber says. "I don't know, but I think we can agree some things are not right." you replied. "Did you see anything Y/n?" Noelle asks you. You gulp as you reply to her, "I saw a student, his eyes were white, I think, or a grayish white. And uh his face was bloody." "I only saw a glimpse of it, and god please don't tell me it's zombies." Amber says.

"How can it be zombies, Amber? Oh my archon, this is so confusing." Noelle says in frustration. "Ok girls, think rationally now." you remind them, even though you yourself don't know what's the most rational choice now.

"From the screaming, I think we can come to the conclusion that something is fucked, very fucked." you say. You rarely swear around when your friends are with you, but it doesn't really matter now. "Uh we're in a sports storage so maybe we take some equipment as weapons?" Amber suggests.

"Better safe than never I guess." Noelle says. Amber takes a bow and some arrows since she was used to using it for she's in the bow club in school. You and Noelle take baseball bats.

Now you just needed a plan.

Trying to ignore the screams, you three came up with a plan. Call your parents first, if there is cell reception. Then call the police to confirm what is happening. If possible stay in the storage room until rescue comes.

"Did you guys take your phones?" you asked the two girls. "We left it at class." Amber says in a small voice. "It's ok, I brought mine." you tell them.

You called your parents, "Ma? Pa? Can you hear me?" your anxiety goes up by the second because the scenarios created in your head. "Yes? Oh goodness y/n you're alive." you hear your dad on the other side. "What's happening? Are you ok?" you asked, relieved that they were alright.

"We're in a car now, special forces came to pick us up. They said there was an virus outbreak." you hear your mother say. "A vi- ok never mind, please stay safe." you say. "We should be the one telling you that, dear. Stay alive, please. We miss you." they said. "I will, I love you"

The phone call ended. You call Noelle's and Amber's parents after that. Fortunately both of their families got evacuated too. You hug Amber and Noelle, three of you had a heavy lift off your shoulders after knowing each other's family is safe.

"Do we call the police now?" Amber says. You see a bit of tears in her eyes after the call, which the three of you had. "Yeah." you replied with a weak smile.

"Hello?" you say on the phone. "Miss if you're seeking help because of the outbreak, we're trying our best to evacuate everyone." you heard the officer say on the other line. "Um officer, I'm at Teyvat international high school, are any units coming here?" you asked with some hesitation because you could sense the frustration in his voice.

"It's officer Darius, Miss. We're trying to help and evacuate everyone, but in this state of panic we can't possibly be everywhere at once. We're sorry, please find a safe place to hide and wait for help to arrive."

"Alright, officer Darius. We'll try. Thank you." you hang up the phone. You tell Amber and Noelle the news. The three of you still can't believe this virus outbreak is happening.

"When rescue comes, we'll be dead by then." Amber says. "We need supplies, we can't survive in a room with only sports equipment." Noelle says while looking around.

You sigh, "Guess we'll need a plan then." 

a/n: hey author from the future here there actually a playlist for this fanfic!!

just scroll down and youll see a part published a 'playlist!' 

the link is already there too!

link if u don't wanna scroll down:

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/6hgLM4yhVwcMgBnplM7Svy?si=f4ca9ec6380845b8