7

You wake up, your entire body sore from sleep on a chair. Your hair is a mess, you didn't come or tidy it for the entire day. You look out the window noticing the moon, it was already night. You rub your eyes thinking of what to do next. 

After some time, you finally get up from the chair. Scara is still not back yet, you immediately thought of the worst. You rummage around the classroom since there was nothing else better for you to do. You found a few pencil cases lying around, the class student probably left in a hurry and everything fell on the floor.

You found a compact mirror, stationary and some candy students would sneak into class. You open the mirror just to see how these hours fucked you up physically and mentally. Your face was dirty, tangled hair and clothes having a few rips in them. You noticed a slight bruise on your face, remembering how it got there. You were still upset and clearly didn't want to face your friends again, you'd probably get kicked out if they were mad at you.

"I'm probably going to die." you mutter, still looking at the mirror. Your hair starts poking your face since it wasn't washed in nearly two days, it looks dry and clearly oily. You look at the pairs of scissors that you found. A haircut wouldn't hurt anyone.

Scara's pov:

I come back with some food from the teacher's office, I had to hide under a stupid table until night time so the zombies would, for some reason, shut off. They wouldn't attack you unless you get too close or make noise, it's weird enough but it's a pretty good deal for me.

I open the classroom door open hoping y/n is still asleep, I didn't want to have a conversation with them for now, they look more of a wreck than myself. I open the door only to see y/n tidying the classroom.

"What are you doing?" I asked, they jumped not noticing I came it. They drop the book they were holding and starts stammering, "I-uh, was just cleaning up. It was pretty messy." They did a pretty good job if I was being honest, all of the school bags earlier was put to side and tables are arranged. "Thanks I guess." I lock the door behind me.

"Least I can do I guess."

"And you cut your hair." I start unpacking the bag without making eye contact with y/n. "It was getting in the way. And I already have the trash at the corner there." they pointed to the garbage in a giant cardboard box, labeled with 'textbooks'. 

"The textbooks are in the class cupboard." As if they were reading my mind. I simply nod my head. "Come here." they quickly walked over to squatted down next to me while I unzip the bag I bought back. "Biscuits, coffee powder, bottled water and instant noodles, I got it from the teacher's office." They nod as they take the food I hand over.

"Is there a travel kettle?" I shake my head, "I couldn't bring it over, it would be too loud." They nod but looked disappointed, they probably like coffee, or instant ramen. "I think there's a travel kettle in the cooking room, two classrooms away. I go there often." I look at the clock hanged on the classroom wall, '2:05a.m.'

Y/n noticed I was looking at the clock and starts stammering more, "Actually no, I'll get it, the corridor is clear right? And if I make a distraction at the other side of t-" 

I put my hand over their mouth, "It's fine. I sleep at 3 anyway."

Your pov: 

You grab his hand away from your mouth, slightly flustered, "Just let me get it, you did enough for me." "Getting a kettle isn't that hard, you know." he argued back. "I know how to get a kettle, Scara." you only realized that you were holding his arm until he pulled back. 

"Let's just get it together." he turned to the door, he opens the front compartment of his bag and takes out a gun. Your body tenses, why does he have a gun on him? "I took it from a body." He said before you could ask where he got it. You guessed he took it from a dead police officer that came to check if your school was infested with zombies or not, guess he didn't bring enough back up.

Slowly opening the door, you get tense and nervous once scara closes the door behind you both. "Let's go." he grabs your arm moving quickly to the cooking room. He peers inside the through the window of the class. "Clear." he whispers. His voice sounds raspy, oh right, I haven't ate or drank anything, he probably hasn't either, you thought. 

After entering the cooking room, he locks the door behind him. You look around the room, scanning for the kettle. Both of you start looking for it until you noticed it next to a pile or plates. You unplug it from the socket and proudly holds it up like a prize, " I found it first." you give him smirk. "It wasn't competition." he rolls his eye at your enthusiasm with the travel kettle. 

"I'll get us some more stuff." you hand the travel kettle to scara and start rummaging through some cupboard and drawers. You get your hands on some flour and a packet of salt. While rummaging you find a stove, a portable electric stove. You happily take it out of the cupboard showing it to scara. 

"I found a stove!" you say excitingly but minding your voice since you didn't want any unwanted attention. He's leaning against the wall and gives into a small smile, small but noticeable to you. "Okay you egghead, let's pack up and leave."

a/n: hey!!! happy new year lol, nearly two weeks late but that's okay. hope u like the chapter ehe. i also hope u guys are doing fine, remember to eat, drink and take care of yourself!!

(btw thank you for 400 views!!) (muah <3)