13

This place smells weird

Your eyes open to a stinging bright light, making you have thoughts of going back to your slumber. The acknowledgement of the bright lights and uncomfortable position made you slowly awaken, as you come to your senses, a familiar voice speaks.

"It was about time you woke up, y/n." Blinking your eyes, you see someone you once tried to help, that made you lose your way, that caused you to be where you are now, in front of you, but vertically?

You were placed laying down side way on what you think is a bed, you tried getting up, but comes to a realization that your legs were tied, and both hands cuffed. "It's already 10 a.m." Kazuha says, looking at his wrist watch, he sat in front of you on a white plastic chair, the ones you always see in big halls and house warming parties.

You struggle getting up, you lost your bodily integrity, you were defend less, in enemy territory. "Where the hell am I?" your voice was dry, trying to sound authoritative but to no avail. "You're quite malnutritioned, I suggest you not to struggle too hard." his voice was calm, clearly in power as you're trapped.

"Actually no, where is Scara?" You notice how only you and him are in the room, but you don't see the indigo haired boy anywhere. "You mean Scaramouche? He doesn't matter now. Once we get you in a stable cond-" You immediately interrupt him, "He does fucking matter, where is he?" He shakes his head, "Calm down, he's fine." 

"Let me see him!" You raised your voice at him, the last time you saw him was when he literally got shot by a dart and went unconscious, you were worried for him. He sighs, "Y/n, I'm sorry, I really am. But we do need you to be in a stable condition, then we can transport you to a safe zone, where you will hopefully meet your family and friends. Amber is worried sick." He's changing the subject, you knew that.

"Is Amber and the rest alive?" You had so many unanswered question, it made you scared not knowing much. "Yes, and restored back to health as a matter of fact. They have already been sent to a safe zone in Sumeru. You will be sent there too."

"How about Scara?" You question Kazuha again about him, he simply sighs again. "Y/n, I want him to be there, I seriously want him away from here. But under the Shogun's order, I cannot do that. And yes, he is in this facility too, but I cannot disclose where exactly he is." He finally answers your question, sort of.

You keep quiet, it hurts inside out that the last time you saw him was when he was in pain, when he couldn't really speak to you at all. "I never wanted to work for the Shogun, y/n. Believe me on that." He gets up and snip off the ties at your legs and uncuff you, he helps you get up, your entire body felt sore.

"I will let you see Scaramouche later, do eat when the food arrives." He exits the room and locks the door, you sit at the side of the bed, you were tired, and not to mention incredibly hungry. Almost everything in the room was white, you felt uneasy, the room was small with only a bed and the chair Kazuha sat in.

The floor has white tiles, you could roughly see your reflection. You feel your hair that you cut while you were still with Scara at your school, it grew a fair bit over the weeks. Just then the door opens, someone wearing a suit comes into the room with a food tray and utensils in the room, he places it on the floor and swiftly leaves. 

You get up and your legs still felt numb, holding onto the chair for a while for support, Kazuha was quite right, you were malnutritioned. You pick up the food tray and sat at the end of the bed, looking at the food. It had plain rice, something that looks like sautéed vegetables and two slices of oranges. You were hesitant to eat it even though you were practically starving, what if they put some type of drugs in it? You couldn't tell, but you ate it anyway.