9

"Y/n, wake up will you." your sleep is disrupted by Scara shaking you awake, your entire body feel sore from sleeping on empty backpacks. "I'm awake, I'm awake." you sit and rub your eyes. You look at the window on the find them locked and curtains closed, oh right, it's a zombie apocalypse. 

He stops shaking you and hands you a cup of coffee, "Wow, breakfast in bed?" you say jokingly while taking the cup from him. While being in the cooking room last night, Scara took some utensils along with him, along with two cups with the words 'best teacher ever' on it. 

"How do you even consider that, a bed." he looks at the messy pile of bag on the floor, he gives you a disgusted face, making you laugh a bit. He utters something you can't really make out, you give him an awkward smile, "What is it?"

"You really don't want to go back to your friends?" he stares into his cup with coffee in it. "I don't know." you smile, you really don't. "You do know you're avoiding you're problem right now. Right?" he continues, turning his gaze to you.

"What problem am I avoiding?" you laugh, "My best friend hit me. How do you want me to process that?" Your voice increased as you continue. "What if she becomes violent like that jackass my mom married?" He stays quiet through out this.

"Well, now I know that she hit you." he sighs. You realize how you didn't tell him that Amber hit you, you also realize what you just said out loud. Amber? Violent? Impossible. 

Scara's pov :

All that pent up emotions in them probably caused them not to think straight. I don't have a lot of friends but if your best friend hit you, then you probably did something stupid enough to get hit. Unless the, quote on quote best friend, is a jackass.

"Care to tell me what happened then?" I say while taking a sip of the coffee. "It's not good to bottle up emotions, y/n." They have to tell me something. "My dad was abusive. I was hit during my childhood until my mom decided to end things. She found someone new. Done." they said, almost in a fed up tone, like they told this to a lot of people before. 

"Why didn't your mom end things earlier?" I didn't mean to be intruding but I guess it keeps them talking. "She was gaslighted, physical abuse was meant to discipline children to him for some reason. He gaslighted her into thinking it was okay." I listen as they go on, now I got them talking. "And you know, my best friend hit me for wanting to help someone. I wanted to help a guy find his lost friend. I was probably impulsive."

"What lost friend?" I ask, as they take another sip of the coffee from that stupid cup with the sentence 'best teacher ever', should've gotten another cup. "He lost his friend in the school dojang." 

I could feel my hands sweating, they're talking about me. "Who was that?" I ask while holding onto my cup. "Kazuha. Not sure if you know him." 

your pov :

You see him getting slightly nervous when you mentioned Kazuha's name. "What's wrong?" you ask, does he know him? "Listen y/n. I need you to stay away from him." you were confused when he said that. What does he even mean by that? Is Kazuha going to hurt you? You honestly doubt it.

"Y/n. Just do as I say, just once." now you were curious, why doesn't he trust Kazuha? "Just tell me. Please." you wanted to know, and you're going to make him tell you. 

Scara's pov :

It's a zombie apocalypse, even though zombies are probably everywhere doesn't mean the police wouldn't go though their way to get to me. But if I don't tell y/n, they wouldn't trust me, but I need their trust just in case the police actually comes to get me. Gosh my head hurts even thinking about it.

"I don't know how to say it." they sigh and tell me the same thing again, "Just tell me." I nod my head, "But you can't tell anyone, not a soul. If you do, we both die." I take a deep breath, I have to tell them this to earn their trust. "I'm immune." their facial expression immediately change. "What do you mean, immune?" I run my fingers through my hair, "It's not like I don't die, but I can't get infected."

"Let me explain." I can't believe I'm telling them this. Gosh. "My mother, Raiden Ei. I'm her adopted son, and she's part of the authorities." Y/n nods their head, urging me to continue. Great, I'm telling someone I know for barely a week my entire back story for their trust.

"I was a child spy for her. I was exposed to drug gangs while helping her spy." I can sense how shock they were. "Isn't that illegal? You were literally a child." I sigh, I wished it was too, "No, it's legal for some reason. The deployment of me as a child spy was authorized, largely because of my mother."

"I had a recorder on me, and was transported to gangs, labeled as a child with half a heart." I continue again, "I was not in any life threatening situations, but I saw stuff a child should have never seen. Blood everywhere for example." I chuckle a bit as I finish the sentence, humor was always a great way to cope.

Y/n stops me, "So you have half a heart?" I nod, "It's called left heart syndrome. I got better quickly which wasn't supposed to happen, most children with this syndrome die a early age. I needed a lot of surgery, still, my so called mother used this opportunity to have me as a child spy, you don't see a healthy child with half a heart all the time."

"Didn't you say you were adopted? When did you or your mother knew you needed surgery?" they ask. "I was left in the orphanage to die if no one adopted me to get me surgery. But once I was adopted by her I got all the surgery I needed. Which she later took my half a heart for her own advantage to get to drug gangs."

Y/n nods, "I'm sorry you had to go through that." Everyone that knew my story said that. I asked y/n if they wanted me to continue on how this involved Kazuha, they nod. 

Unknown timeline :

"You're immune." The boy my age said, he had white hair with a red streak, we were in the dojang while the zombies were outside, with all doors locked, we were relatively safe. "I don't believe you." I don't know him, who is he to tell me I'm immune to this zombie virus.

"I'm sent from your mother, Raiden Ei. Once the outbreak started, I was instructed to bring you back to safety." He said in a monotone voice, his gaze is sure that he will send me back to my so called mother. "You will have to come back with me. Only I know how to escape this dojang, there's no where else for you to go."

I'm sure he is more skillful than me, he could knock me out and drag me back to my mother. "How am I immune, if you don't tell me I'm not going with you." I have to drag time while I think on how to escape. "Your heart. The virus infect the left part of the heart first, then the rest, then the brain. But you don't have a full heart, now do you?" his voice still unfazed by the noise zombies were making outside, the screaming, he is just as unfazed as I am. Maybe he was a child spy too, exposed to violence and forced to keep your emotions steady to survive.

"How do you know?" I wanted to hit him, his tone of voice sounds like he's mocking me for having half a heart, for being weak, yet he claims I'm immune. His facial expression does not change one bit, "Files. Authorities knew this was coming, agents like me are sent out to collect and protect important people. With your special heart, humanity can be saved. There are people just like you, do not hesitant to come with me. We need to go now."

Of course, this outbreak will break humanity. The authorities will need important, smart and capable people to rebuild it, and for some reason, I'm one of them. They will experiment on me, take my blood, examine my heart again, cut me up like before. 

No, I think to myself. I can't go with him. My mother would do everything in her power to get me back, to make me a cure. All for her own benefit, all like before. 

a/n : scara just trauma dumping an entire back story over coffee with y/n </3