19

chapter nineteen: together

After the carnival the two went back to Melanie's for the night just because they didn't feel like going farther to Elliot's place. Besides, Melanie wanted to instantly get home to change into her comfortable clothes and take off her make up.

"This is nothing out of the ordinary." Melanie shrugged. "Except, I get to kiss you whenever I want." Elliot added and she laughed. "You did that before we even started dating." She rolled her eyes playfully. "There's been times where I wanted to kiss you but I held back." Elliot admitted as he passed the blunt to Melanie, the girl only smiled. "Who was the first person that you told about us?" She asked and Elliot smiled. "I texted my mom, told her about you." He shrugged, Melanie thought it was cute. She was surprised that he even told someone. "What about you?" He asked and she laughed. "Ash, but he told me he knew already. Then proceeded to say that he thought you were gonna be a pussy and not ask me out. Then I told Fez, he was happy for me, Lastly Rue. She said 'I called it! I knew he was gonna ask tonight.' And that was that." She shrugged. "Wow, you couldn't wait to tell your family about me, huh?" Elliot teased and she shook her head.

"Shut up!" She said as she passed him the blunt back, laughing softly. "Come make me." Elliot smirked, this made Melanie look over at him quickly. "Oh, so suddenly you're bold, huh?" She asked, Elliot only nodded. Melanie scooted closer to the boy, smiling over at him. "Yeah, I was always bold. Just not with you, I didn't want you to think I was weird." He said. "Well, too late. I've always thought you were weird. Elly, I found you and Rue in the laundry room." She joked and Elliot laughed. "Yeah, I guess I just didn't want to embarrass myself in front of you-but I guess I did that already too, right?" He asked and she nodded. "To be fair, we've both been weird and have done something embarrassing in front of each other, we just chose not to speak or care about it." She shrugged and Elliot grabbed her softly by the face.

"Who cares." The boy stated as he pulled her into a kiss. She instantly kissed back, she had missed the feeling of his lips on hers. The two pulled back, smiling softly as they admired each other's face. "You should stay over tonight." She said and Elliot nodded. "I was going to anyway." He said, the girl laughed. "Lets go get some of your clothes. And keep some here so when you randomly stay over, you'll have some clothes in my closet." She explained, Elliot smiled as he looked over at her closet. "Then take some of your clothes to mines." He said.

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ 

Elliot and Melanie walked into Elliot's room, the boy started grabbing some of his things, while Melanie placed her bag on the side of his bed. "I don't feel like taking my things out right now, so I'll do it when I come over next time-or you can just do it." The girl sighed as she laid back on his bed, he only shook his head as he grabbed comfortable clothes. After a few minutes Elliot was still finding clothes to bring, while Melanie thought of a good plan.

"Hurry up turtle. When we get to my house we should have a movie night, Faye will be there cause her bed is the couch, but you know how she is-she's nice." Melanie said, Elliot smiled. "Yeah, that'll be fun. Do you have popcorn?" Elliot asked. "Hell yeah, Fez loves popcorn when he's watching a movie-we have loads." She laughed as she flipped on her stomach, watching as Elliot walked over to his clothes, throwing random things inside. "Bring some hoodies." Melanie added and Elliot scoffed. "So you can wear them when I'm gone?" He asked, she nodded. "Exactly." The girl said.

After a couple of minutes, the two were heading back downstairs, attempting to leave before Monae spoke. "Jesus, what are you two doing? Moving in with each other?" She asked, noticing her little cousin with two bags in his hand. "Yeah. Basically." Elliot shrugged. "He's leaving things over at mines for whenever he wants to unexpectedly spend a night." Melanie explained. "Are you two together?" Monae questioned. "Yup." They said in unison, it was weird to say, but it felt right. "What the fuck-when?" Monae smiled widely. "Earlier today." Elliot shrugged like it was nothing. "And you didn't tell me!?" The older girl laughed. "I forgot. My bad, now can we leave?" Elliot laughed and Monae smirked. "See you two later!" She called out as Elliot pulled his girlfriend out of the door.

edited: yessss❣️🫶🏽