Chapter 3 | Lipgloss

Aritzia Huxley

"WHATCHU KNOW 'BOUT ME? WHATCHU, WHATCHU KNOW 'BOUT ME?" I hear screaming coming from the living room.

Groaning at the bright sunlight, I try to hide my face underneath my blankets. Not even a second later, I hear knocking from my door.

One knock.

Two knocks.

"Come in."

I rub my eyes, sitting up, and taking my phone out of its charging port. The door opens and the same blonde figure from last night waves at me, a grin plastered on her face.

"Good morning, Zia." She greets at the door as I get out of bed, accidentally tripping on a pillow that fell off my bed. I winced as my body made full-on contact with the hardwood floor. We share a laugh before she helps me up.

"Morning. Do you have some bottled water, by any chance?" I questioned, fixing my hoodie. I forgot to fill up my bottle with water before heading to bed.

I mean, technically it did have water, but airport water has a weird taste. For those who think "all waters taste the same," you definitely have some tasting issues. I don't claim that negative energy those types of people give off.

"Oh yeah, it's in the kitchen, but I have to warn you-" I look at her suspiciously, walking out of the room. Not thinking much of it.

"What? Do you guys drink tap water?" I joked, making my way to the kitchen. I turned to see if she was following behind me and she stood there with pursed lips, pointing at the...couch?

Nope. Not at the couch.

But at the two boys who were occupying the living room.

One had straight, light brown hair who smiled at me as he held a microphone in front of the TV. Seated on the couch: a dark brown, curly-head who looks unfazed.

The microphone would explain the screaming of Lip Gloss by Lil' Mama this early in the morning. Actually, the screaming is the least of my worries, right now.

I probably look like a homeless person, but that explains what Delayna was trying to warn me about. On the bright side, this is definitely one way to wake up. A lot of mixed emotions in the room.

The sunlight entering from the windows gave the room natural lighting. There was a sun ray shining specifically on the couch where the curly-head was sitting, bringing out the colors of his eyes. A mixture of browns and greens.

A pretty hazel.

"Well. Nathaniel Louviere and Jackson Miller, meet Aritzia Huxley! Aritzia Huxley, meet Nathaniel Louviere and Jackson Miller!"

Delayna claps her hands, trying to get rid of the tension. I watch as Nathaniel looks me up and down, stopping at my eyes and holding eye contact.

"Huxley?" Nathaniel asks me, raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah. You a fan?" I taunt, breaking the eye contact and walking towards the refrigerator for a water.

"Maybe. My other friends are roommates with your brother. Caldean, was it?" He gets up from the couch, and leans against the kitchen counter as he continues the conversation. Or interrogation, whatever you wanna call it.