That Stupid Pea Green Van

After a short shower he threw a backpack at me that seemed to weigh as much as I did, proceeding to drag me downstairs to my mother.

"I'm stealing your daughter for a few days!" He called to her while taking the yellow confection that sat cooling in the kitchen.

"YOU BETTER TEXT ME!" She yelled, the carefree excitement dripping from her voice.

"REALLY? YOU'RE JUST GOING TO LET HIM KIDNAP ME!"

"Yup!" She poked her head around the corner, "Oh, and Edwyn there's money on the counter next to the lemon squares. Go ahead and take it." She smiled as if she didn't just betray my trust, but I guess she could feel my glare through the wall, because she came over and hugged me, slightly shaking my shoulders.
"Relax would you? It'll be good for you to get out of the house, ayou know it." She smiled sympathetically at me.

"You're acting like you're in on this whole thing." I said dully, still pouting.

She chuckled, quickly averting my gaze, those beautiful emerald green eyes filled with nervous guilt.

I raised my brow at her. "Oh my God... you are! What kind of crazy junk is this!?"

Both Edwyn and my mother now glancing at each other, almost as if seeing who should have the privilege of pissing me off more.

"Call it an intervention." He shrugged,
grabbing my arm, dragging me out to his stupid pea green van. The stereo blared his favorite album of which I personally thought sounded like the same ukulele riff complete with a yelling chain smoker.

Trash littered the floor along with various other articles of clothing, and even though a cheap air freshener hung from the window, a strange musty smell lingered in the air. Must be the numerous fast food bags.

I decided to go through the backpack: It held several changes of clothing, a wad of cash, and my notebook. Why it's weight was the equivalent of 47lbs in pure gold, I didn't know.

"So where the hell are we going that I need new clothes, some poor strippers tips, and my lifeline?"
"I said I was taking you for a few days, didn't I?" He just smiled and laughed, while I slumped back into my seat. I hadn't been in this car since I saw "him" alive last. His doodles were still on the roof and I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. He always did dumb stuff like that; drawing on cars, or people for that matter, he wanted to be a tattoo artist when he graduated. Had a job lined up and everything, it was probably the only good thing we inherited from our biological mom. He had his art, and I had my words.

"So, whats up?" His tone suggested that this was just a normal Saturday, another one of our crazy weekend adventures. I raised my brow once again, (which seemed to be one of the only facial expressions I could manage today).

" HA! No, you don't get to talk to me like this is normal. Kidnapping isn't acceptable in any society let alone our own!" I folded my arms, staring out the dust covered window.

"Is it really kidnapping if I had parental permission?"

"Thats like asking if it's really rape when the guy next door said 'it's okay!' If it's unwanted by the recipient, then its kidnapping! I could have you arrested right now if I wanted to!"

He just smiled and continued to laugh at my obvious anger, the brakes squeaked as we pulled into the parking lot.

"Okay, fine, it's kidnapping. Happy? Now come on, Miss Gigantic-Vocabulary. You need to eat and so do I."