Define Illegal?

"The Point...?" Edwyn managed to voice what we were all thinking.

This definitely wasn't my favorite place, I would've much rather gone to the bookstore or something, but I had no say in this little "adventure" we were having. Its not like it was nice out, the winds rushed us from behind bringing the clouds with it, and the tide was just starting to go out. Instead of answering any of our unspoken questions, Mallory walked to the back of the van and grabbed a duffle bag that was covered in paint. Strolling down the hill, she silently beckoned us to follow.

Tossing the bag out of the way, she turned to us. "Hope you're ok with ruining your clothes." Finally paying attention to what she was wearing; a black long sleeved tee with baggy jeans. I swear she wore this same thing in the seventh grade.

Unzipping the bag, she chucked a can of spray paint to each of us. "Isn't this illegal?" Jana asked concerned.

"Define illegal?" Mallory questioned as she walked over to the tower. No one knew what it was and nobody cared, yet it was considered the best place in town for graffiti artists.

My boots sunk in the mud as I walked toward the others, I'm assuming that this was there first time "vandalizing" something but I'd been here before with him. It was right after we met our biological mother for the first time. I guess we were both kinda disappointed we didn't come from some kind of fairy tale, and we decided the best way to cope with reality was to do something that's kind've illegal.

"Rori, hurry up!" Edwyn whined tugging on my arm. He was already covered in paint and smiling like a mad man.

The same face of our mother still sat unmarked, the red x's in her eyes staring out into the world. The giggling stopped, nobody painted, they just stared waiting for me to do something. Edwin put his hand on my shoulder sympathetically.

"Someone hand me the black."

I don't know what happened, I don't think I knew what I was doing, I just did it.When I stepped back a gravestone covered the face.

"Parker J Locklynn

 1996 - 2015

 Art is our only

 Salvation from the

 Horrors of Existence ."