Chapter 8

Pov y/n

Back at Kate's we bring my stuff up to the guest bedroom. It feels weird because having all my stuff here feels like the end of my previous life. Like all I worked for up to now, is just thrown away. In some ways it is, I mean I don't know when and if I ever have a normal life here. Maybe after some time the father of my ex stops to send assassins to kill me. Then I could continue my life and return to my old routine. But until then, that's it with my normal life. Who would have thought that things could change so quickly?

If someone told me five days ago, that my life would completely change and that I would live under the same roof as the person who was hired to kill me, I would have laughed at them. But now...

I'm pulled out of my thoughts by Yelena who taps my shoulder. I turn around to look at her and for a moment we just look into each other's eyes before she clears her throat.

"I'm gonna be away for the rest of today and will come back sometime tomorrow or the day after that. I'll organize some things that you don't have to worry about. You stay here with Kate and as we said, don't go too close to the window and just don't drag any attention to yourself." She tells me and I nod, remembering the plan.

I am wondering what she has to organize though but from the tone of her voice I can tell she isn't up for explaining it to me. She knows what she's doing, I'll just let her be.

As announced, Yelena is gone soon around an hour later, which leaves Kate and me alone. She works on her laptop, probably some university stuff while I watch some TV. I let my phone die down because I wouldn't be able to look at the messages from Liz and Jane without wanting to answer them. Time goes by slowly but surely and when I get hungry, I start to cook dinner, which earns me an appreciated look from Kate. When I start humming, she looks at me again and I blush a little.

"You can put on some music if you want to." She offers and points to a music box.
"But my phone is already off." I sigh and she nods.
"It hooks up to my laptop, so if you tell me what you want to listen to, I can put it on." She suggests and a smile spreads on my face as I turn on the music box. I name the playlist I like to listen to and a few seconds later music starts to play. The volume is low, so that Kate can still concentrate but I can hear the music. I start humming again and my hips start to move subconsciously.

After a while, the dinner almost done, Kate joins me in the kitchen, matching my energy. We start dancing around while she turns the music a little louder. It's a lot of fun and we laugh while dancing around. Honestly, it's sad that I never met Kate before, we would have gotten along great.

The mood stays this light during dinner and we let the music play. We wash up together and end up dancing again. When she offers me a drink, I take it and soon after I'm showing her how to dance with a partner, accompanied by lots of giggles and her stepping on my feet.

We end up laying on the floor, still giggling and trying to catch our breaths.
After just laying there, we decide to watch a movie and call it a day. I fall asleep quickly when I get into bed.

That night I dream about a blonde Russian, her blue eyes gazing into mine and we slowly sway to the music. Her eyes are soft and her hand slowly strokes up my arm until it reaches my face and she cups my cheek. I lean into her touch and whisper her name. Her eyes sparkle and she leans in. I close my eyes, ready to meet her lips.

But before anything happens, I wake up and blink at the bright light that the sun shines through the window. It was just a dream.
I huff and stuff my face into a pillow. Great, now I'm already dreaming about her! I don't know what's going on inside me. Well, I do know that I'm starting to fall for her but it feels wrong for some reason. She's still the person who wanted to kill me. Even though she makes sure I'm safe now, she still wanted to kill me.
This situation is...strange.