Good Or Bad Morning?

Kronii wakes up as she started to feel her skin burning. The sun is finally rising to start a new day as birds sing. The sun is burning Kronii's skin, waking her up. She got up as fast as she could and covered the window with its curtains. Kronii groaned and covered her burnt arm with the blanket and waited for it to heal. Somehow, it's not healing fast. She's still in need of human blood. She hoped for Kiara to come in the room first before Mumei, which broke her hopes. Mumei came in with a food tray. Kronii then held tight on her arm as she looks at Mumei.

"Oh, you're awake. Just about time I brought your breakfast. I hope you like strawberry milk." said Mumei.

Kronii sweats as she haven't ate human food for a long time.

"I'm not hungry..." said Kronii.

"But you have to eat. I got you some berries too. Well, only if you like it. It's also healthy and sweet. I thought you might like it." said Mumei.

"I'm fine, I'm not really hungry." said Kronii.

Mumei sighed of frustration. She put down the tray on the cabinet and sat down near Kronii.

"Well then, let me take a look on your wound again for observation." said Mumei.

Kronii sighed and lifted her shirt up for Mumei. Her wound looked way more better than what it was last night. Her skin sticked to each other which only happens for a long time. It seems that when Kronii drank the blood sample, it was enough for Kronii's skin to heal faster. Though, naturally, Mumei thought this was strange. Just last night, her wound wasn't in proper condition until now. Mumei told Kronii that she'll be back to get something. Mumei walked out of the room to find a stapler remover for Kronii's stitched wound. She then went back as soon as she found one. Mumei knocked on the door that caught Kronii's attention and went inside. Kronii, again, lifted her shirt for Mumei to remove a stapler. Once she removed a piece, she clearly saw how well Kronii's skin is doing. Her touches were light as a feather that makes Kronii comfortable with her. How long has it been since she was patted and hugged? Kronii lost count. Mumei couldn't believe how fast Kronii has healed. She then remembered the time when she heard Kiara say "drink blood" and could only think of one thing.

"Are you a vampire...?" asked Mumei slowly as she look in Kronii's eyes.

Kronii sweats and gulped, not knowing how to answer. Mumei's eyes then began to travel around Kronii's body until she noticed Kronii was holding tight to her arm.

"Can I see what you're holding there?" asked Mumei.

Kronii refused.

"Why?" asked Mumei.

"Uh- because... it's nothing. You have nothing to see. It's just my arm." said Kronii.

Of course, Mumei didn't believe it. As a doctor, she can tell what her patients are thinking. Kronii must be hiding something, she thought. Mumei walked to the other side of the bed to take a closer look at Kronii's arm but this pure blooded vampire didn't let her.

"Actually, I'm kinda hungry now... I'll eat." said Kronii.

Mumei knew what Kronii was trying to do but she's not letting Kronii get in her way to get the answer to her question. Mumei stopped and walked back to where the food tray is and fed Kronii. Mumei gave her rice with a piece of chicken meat. Kronii opened her mouth and ate. She didn't like it but she continued to munch on the food with a look of satisfaction to let Mumei know that she 'likes' it. Seeing Kronii have a smile on her face made Mumei smile, and completely forgot about Kronii's arm. As soon as Kronii is done, she drank the milk and sighed of (un)satisfaction. Mumei grinned as she know her patient is full, making Kronii's heart flustered. She then got up and left the room to the kitchen. Finally alone, Kronii almost puked from how disgusted she was with the food.

"Hospital food is the worse... I prefer her mom's cooking more." said Kronii.

"Her" is Kronii's human friend that she loved. Though, after a few years of getting separated with her, the memories started to blur out that Kronii couldn't remember her name and look. But the love and time she had with her stayed. Kronii then began to try and remember her old friend.

"I hate father and mother for this. If they just didn't separate us, I wouldn't be thinking too much about her." said Kronii.

"Who's 'her'?" asked Kiara.

Her sudden appearance scared Kronii making her scream "GWAK!"

Kiara laughed at how Kronii gets surprised easily.

"Good morning~ How's your day so far?" asked Kiara.

"Bad. Doctor Nanashi made me eat something disgusting."

"Oh? Yeah, I'm gonna be honest with you, even I, don't like hospital food." said Kiara.

"Have Mumei observed your wound?" asked Kiara.

"Yeah, she removed the staplers."

Kiara raised a brow and lifted Kronii shirt up to see.

"I see. You healed fast since you drank some. Mumei probably found it strange. Did anything else happen?"

"I burnt my arm. She noticed and wanted to see. I didn't let her."

"Did it heal?"

Kronii shook her head. Kiara then looked at Kronii's arm and saw how bad her skin was. Well, it wasn't really bad.

"You really wouldn't be here if you could've just fed. I'll cover it up." said Kiara.

She took a napkin and gauze for Kronii's arm and began covering it up.

"Alright, we're done. Get ready and I'll wait for you. Calli will escort you." said Kiara.

Calli was standing by the door, watching them. Kronii sighed. Calli comes in and greets the vampire as Kiara leaves the room.

"Howdy, you're Kronii, right? Your doctors told me about you." said Calli.

Kronii nodded, not wanting to look at this human.

"Vampires sure do hate making eye contacts... well, except for Kiara-" said Calli.

Kronii finally looked at her, concerned that Calli knows her true identity and could only ask how she knew.

"I'm good at keeping secrets so don't worry. Kiara is not only my boss but we're more than friends, I'd say. So we know a lot about each other and trust each other. She told me that you're a full blooded vampire. I couldn't believe someone like you would be in a hospital-" said Calli.

Kronii looked away and mumbled to herself.

"Do you like to eat human's food? I saw your tray was clean as hell." said Calli as she check on Kronii's vitals.

"No way. I only had to eat it because I don't want to scare her." said Kronii.

Calli the looked at Kronii, done with her task.

"Knowing Dr. Nanashi, I think she won't get scared of you. We've been on the same department for more than five, six years and if I remember correctly, she had a scarier patient than you. It felt like he was just an ordinary human to her." said Calli.

She had shivers as she recalls Mumei having an injured, scary body-builder. As if he was a gorilla.

"You're literally smaller than him, how can she be scared of you? I mean, you're good looking and probably caught her attention. Everyone in the hospital loves Mumei's golden eyes, I don't know yet about what you think about it." said Calli.

"It was beautiful.." Kronii mumbled.

"What was that?"

"Nothing-"

"Oh alright then, let's go?"

Kronii nodded and got up. She groaned, frustrated about all the plastic cables around her body.

"Too much? I'd say the same if I were your doctor." said Calli.

Kronii groaned and walked with Calli out of the room.