Dales POV:
I hadn't felt right since I woke up, my nose was stuffy and my body ached. I assumed I was just aching from my cycling yesterday and that my nose was just blocked because my room was hot overnight.

But I started to doubt that, I was sat in Mr Braxtons second period DT class and honestly I felt like death - my nose was running, my legs were hurting, i had a headache, and My stomach hurt a bit.

"Lenny, Lenny!" I tried shouting over the drill he was using.

"Yer mate," he replied realising I was trying to call him.

"I don't feel great I might have to leave," I mumbled into my arm that I had placed my head in.

"You ok? do you want me to take you to the school nurse?" He seemed genuinely concerned about me.

"Nah mate I just need some air, I need to train later - you still coming to time me?" I asked even though I was dreading having to stay at school the whole day.

"Yer sure and if you ask Mr Braxton I'm sure he'll let you step outside," he said but he looked concerned.

I just patted Lenny's shoulder and nodded as I walked of.

"Can I step outside for a bit sir?" I asked

"Yer sure, you ok? You don't look great," he said turning to look at me.

"Yer just feel a bit sick," I said walking away.

I was lying I literally felt like I was about to throw up any minute my legs felt like they were going to give way and I felt like I was going to faint.

I had been outside for about 10 minutes when Maggie walked past.

"Dale, what are you doing outside of lesson pet?" She took me by surprise as my eyes were closed so I couldn't see her.

"Just taking a breather," I replied.

"Do you need anything? You seem a bit off," she asked placing a hand on my shoulder.

"I'm good thank you," I smiled walking back into Mr Braxtons class.

It got to lunch and I was sat with Lenny in the canteen but the noise was ringing through my head. I covered my ears and head with my crossed over arms.

"Dale, are you sure you don't want to see the nurse?" Lenny asked interrupting my almost sleep.

"I need to stay in school so I can practice my cycling later, I'll be fine for one more hour," I look up and gave Lenny the most convincing smile I could before burying my head back in my arms.

Finally, it was 3.p.m. All I have left is my cycling.

Lenny and I are in the room my bike is kept, I've got 3 minutes left on the clock and my time is perfect. That was until my head started spinning, I slowed down because I knew what was about to happen.

"Dale, keep going! You almost had it," Lenny tired to make me carry on, but I had lost all my energy.

I climbed of my bike, my vision went black and my legs gave way. Lenny ran to my side. I came around after about 20 seconds with a very worried looking Lenny in my face.

"Dale what happened?" He said concerned.

"I think I have the flu, I feel like shit," I finally admitted.

"Let's get you up and back to the school house!" He insisted as he lifted me of the floor.

I rapped my arm around his shoulder and we walked to the school gate.

"You can't walk home mate, I'm going to ring Maggie and see if she can give us a lift!" Lenny suggested.

I was too weak to respond I just sat on the wall and put my head in my heads.

"Maggie's on her way now, she'll be about 5 minutes," Lenny said as he sat next to me on the wall placing a hand on my back.

While we were waiting a wave of nausea hit me.

"Lenny!" I said with panic.

"Yeah," he said standing up getting the messge that I was panicking.

Before I could answer I stood up and spun around so I was facing the grass behind the wall. Immediately I threw up anything I had eaten.

"Sit back down mate, Maggie must be round the corner," we both sat back down to the same position we were previously in.

When Maggie pulled up I got straight in the car with the little strength I had left as Lenny filled Maggie in.

Once at the school house, Lenny basically carried me in.

"What up with you?" Darren piped up sarcastically from the sofa.

"Yer, we never get a lift back," Rhiannon added.

I just rolled my eyes and let Lenny take me upstairs.

"Be quiet you too, Dales got the flu and probably doesn't want your sarcastic comments," Maggie said coming to my defence, that shut them up.

Once I got to my bed, Maggie and Lenny both left me to sleep.

I was asleep very quickly as all my energy had been taken, after about a week I was feeling better but I still haven't managed to do a full cycling session without stopping or fainting.