Sick - Lenny

Dales POV:
I was awoken to Maggie, which isn't unusual its just Lenny hadn't followed her in banging on about something.

I got out of bed got dressed grabbed my bag and went to the kitchen.

"Maggie, where's Lenny?" I asked confused usually Lenny is the first one down.

"He's on his way don't you worry, he's just on a go slow today," she said laughing.

I nodded and sat down.

Shortly after a miserable looking Lenny approached from the stairs.

"You ok mate?" I asked him as he sat down.

In response I got a half hearted nod. I just patted his shoulder and got up so I could clean my plate. 

I don't want to be mean but he looked awful, his forehead looked sweaty, he was pale, and he was dragging his feet.

"Right Lenny, let's get to school," I said, he  stood up we said goodbye to Maggie and made our way to school.

At school we went straight to our lockers.

"Lenny what's up mate? You don't seem yourself!" I asked because I was concerned. I had never seen him like this.

"I'm a bit tired, that's all!" I could here the exhaustion in his voice.

"But your never tired," I argued.

"Well I am today," he snapped.

His response took me by surprise and I just looked at him.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to snap!" He apologised.

"Carrie," I said as she walked over.

She came over took one look at Lenny, one look at me and back to Lenny. I think she could see what I could see.

"Lenny, are you sick?" She asked.

"No I'm fine, I'm just tired," he said storming away.

"What's up with him?" Carrie asked me.

"Honestly I don't know, he keeps trying to say he's just tired but I don't think he's looked in a mirror today," I responded.

It got to break time, I hadn't seen Lanny all morning as we had different lessons but our next 2 we're together.

I walked into the canteen and immediately saw Lenny sat at our table.

"How you feeling?" I sat down asking.

"I'm sorry for snapping earlier and walking away, I just don't know how to cope with getting sick sometimes, so that's how I feel dreadful," he finally admitted to me.

"It's ok, do you want me to take you to
The school nurse?" I asked.

"No, what they gonna do check your temperature and tell you arm isn't going to fall off," he laughed, he's also got a point he would never be allowed to leave school.

We had just sat period 3,  on our way to period 4 - English with Miss Mogrue.

"Dale mate, I really don't feel well!" Lenny said from behind me.

I turned around to see Lenny with one had on his stomach and the other placed on the wall.

"Are you going to be sick?" I panicked and didn't know what to do.

All he did was nod, before he threw up all over hallway near our science blocks.

"Lenny sit down, and I will get a teacher!" He did as we was told.

To my luck Mr Fitzgerald walked round the corner and immediately saw what had
happened.

"Right, Dale can you take Lenny to the lavatory to clean himself up, I will get a cleaner down here pronto and I will get Maggie to meet you in the front lobby in 5 minutes," he said.

"Ok sir," I picked Lenny up and put my arm around his shoulder supporting him as he walked.

Once at the toilets he splashed his face with cold water and rinsed his mouth out. 

We walked to meet Maggie, Lenny hadn't said a word.

"Come on Lenny, better get you too bed!" She said taking him.

I waved him goodbye which he respond to, also with a wave.

After school, I went straight to the school house and up to Lenny's room, I knocked but there was no answer I opened the door to see Lenny fast asleep in his bed. I closed the door and left him to rest.

The next morning he was back to his usual self, we all have just assumed he had a 24hour sickness bug.