Prologue

"Hey, Mini Muffin." Vi greeted the newborn in her arms. Tiny bright-blue eyes stared up at her. Her wife, Caitlyn Kiramman, came up to them.

"Hi, sweetheart." Caitlyn hummed, kissing the infant's blue and pink hair. A tiny sneeze came from the tiny girl.

"So little and so cute!" Vi cooed, earning giggles from Caitlyn.

"The mighty Vi seems to love her baby girl." she teased.

"Oh yeah? And you don't... Enforcer?" Vi shot back.

"Hey!" Caitlyn protested, fixing her uniform. The infant looked around at the world with wide eyes.

"Man... Powder would love you..." Vi sighed.

"Vi, love..." Caitlyn whispered.

"I'm fine. I'm fine." Vi insisted, adjusting her hold on her daughter. She looked down at her daughter to see a pair of eyes studying her.

"You don't get to judge me, Little Cupcake." Vi laughed softly. The girl wrinkled her little nose at her.

"She's judging you right now." Caitlyn giggled. Vi sighed loudly.

"You win this round. But you won't get the next one." she said, poking her daughter's nose.

-5 years later-

"Your mama is one of the bravest women I have ever met. She was absolutely fearless in the face of danger. But she seemed to fall apart when she realized how far gone her sister was." Caitlyn told the little girl kneeling in front of her.

"Mommy? How come I can't meet Auntie Jinx?" the little girl asked.

"Magenta... That's up for Mama to decide." Caitlyn sighed, earning a small huff from her daughter.

"You are so much like Mama, yet you are also not." Caitlyn added with a giggle. Magenta looked at her mother.

"I wanna see Zaun!" Magenta declared, clambering to her feet.

"You know Mama doesn't want you down there." Caitlyn said, picking Magenta up.

"But, Mommy! I don't like Piltover." Magenta scoffed.

"I know, darling." Caitlyn sighed. She knew very well that Magenta did not like her birth place. And that she loved Zaun even though she never had been.

"Mommy! I really, really want to go!" Magenta fussed.

"Go where?" Vi quizzed, coming in.

"She wants to see the Lanes, love." Caitlyn explained.

"Oh no. The Lanes are an extremely dangerous place and absolutely no place for a kid, Mini Muffin." Vi said, taking the girl into her arms. Her daughter huffed.

"But, Mama! I wanna-"

"No 'Buts'. I don't want you to get hurt. You're going to the Academy, Little Cupcake. Now go to your room. Mommy and I got to talk." Vi interrupted, putting her down and ushering Magenta out of the room. Magenta dragged her feet as she walked to her room.

'Auntie Jinx would let me do anything. I bet she would.' Magenta thought. Look-wise, Magenta looked very much like Vi, but the tip of her hair was blue like Caitlyn. But personality-wise, she was a mix of Vi and Caitlyn. Magenta looked out her window down towards Zaun. Ever since the death of Silco, Jinx had taken his place as the top gangster of Zaun. She took out anyone who questioned her. Magenta looked up when she heard Vi raise her voice.

"Why are you telling her this?! I'd prefer that she didn't know!" Vi yelled.

"Violet! You are her mother and will not be a mystery to her." Caitlyn snapped.

'Mommy rarely raises her voice. She must be really mad...' Magenta's mind whispered. She laid down on her windowsill couch, burying herself under the blankets there.

"Hey, Mini Muffin." Vi hummed, scooping Magenta up from her spot on the windowsill.

"Hey. What's with the sour face?" Vi asked, trying not to laugh as she was greeted with a furrowed brow and a wrinkled little nose.

"I wanna go to Zaun and meet Auntie Jinx." Magenta huffed.

"I know, kiddo. But Auntie Jinx really hates your mommy so she might hate you." Vi explained, sitting down on her daughters' bed and tucking her in.

"Auntie Jinx is misunderstood." Magenta declared. Vi looked at her with an odd face.

"I wish everyone thought like you." Vi admitted.