Chapter 2: Birthday Girl

Author's Note: Birthday drama!!!

-6 years later-

It had been six years since Mag last saw her moms. Vi and Caitlyn had become overly concerned, but knew she was alive because she was seen from distances with Jinx. She had a long single braid down her back and bangs swept to the right side of her face. She also had a series of tattoos on her arm, courtesy of her aunt.

"Happy birthday, Mag!" Jinx yelled. Mag jolted off the couch.

"Aunt Jinx." she groaned. It was her sixteenth birthday and Jinx was going to make it special if it ended up with her in Stillwater. Which won't happen because it clearly hasn't yet.

"No can do, kiddo! I have HUGE plans today, start to finish!" Jinx told her. Mag reluctantly got off the couch. Just like Vi, she was not a morning person. But that hadn't settled in until she got into her teens.

"Man you look like your mom!" Jinx cackled.

"Which one?" Mag grumbled.

"My sister." Jinx laughed, poking her niece on the face. The tired teen made no attempts to stop her except for a very weak attempted whack. Jinx was very amused with her niece at this point.

"It's so early!" Mag complained.

"But I have massive plans! It's your big 1-6! Sweet sixteen! You're lucky you're spending it with me! That Enforcer would've put you in a dress." Jinx laughed, trying to visualize her niece in a puffy dress.

"No dresses. No puffy dresses." Mag groaned. Jinx chuckled.

"Not with me. No puffy dresses here." Jinx reassured, handing Mag a glass of apple juice. Mag gladly drank it.

"Cupcake. Ya know she ain't gonna be here. She hasn't shown up since she met Powder." Vi sighed. Caitlyn released a soft whimper, making a look of alarm cross her wife's face.

"I miss her so much, Vi. But I try to be strong!" Caitlyn sobbed. Vi hugged her tightly.

"Hey, hey, hey. It's alright, Cupcake. It's okay to miss her." Vi reassured her. Caitlyn cried into Vi's shoulder.

"Hey, Aunt Jinx?" Mag suddenly asked, a sad look crossing her face.

"Why are ya sad? No sadness today on your big day!" Jinx declared. Usually Jinx's enthusiasm rubbed off on Mag. It didn't happen that time.

"I miss Mom and Mum." Mag whispered. Jinx looked at her confused.

"They've missed the last five birthdays. I've become a teenager without them! I miss Mom's cakes. I miss them." Mag sighed.

"I missed Vi a ton after Silco took me in. Whenever it was my birthday, she'd go topside and steal something awesome for me!" Jinx laughed. Mag smiled softly before the sad look took back over her face.

"Be right back!" Jinx yelled, startling the teen. She took off, leaving Mag alone. Mag went out of Jinx's lair and into the Last Drop. She sat down on a bar stool, her head on the bartop.

"For the birthday girl, you don't look so happy." Sevika noted, slamming her bottle on the bartop as she sat next to Mag.

"I miss my moms." Mag said.

"Funny. Jinx used to say the same, but it was aimed at you mum." Sevika grumbled.

"I wanted to see Zaun! I didn't think it meant practically pushing Mom and Mum out of my life!" Mag fussed. Sevika scoffed.

"What?" Mag asked.

"Hiya, sis!" Vi and Caitlyn flew in surprise as Jinx suddenly came flying through an open window.

"What are ya doing here, Powder? Can't you see I'm trying to help Cait here?" Vi snapped.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever. Listen. I have huge plans for Mag today. HUGE plans! But she misses ya too much and that's bumming my vibes! So you're coming along." Jinx cackled, jabbing a finger into Vi's chest.

"Let's go!" she exclaimed suddenly, bouncing to the front door. Caitlyn and Vi followed her close behind. They went into Zaun and to the Last Drop.

"Huh. Where's Sevika? I swear if that stupid oath is near Mag." Jinx grumbled, disappearing into her lair.

"Magenta!" Caitlyn cried.

"She's not here. Neither is Sevika." Jinx stated, worrying her bottom lip as she popped back into her office.

"So that means Sevika is somewhere, with my daughter." Vi growled.

"Hey, hey, hey. Don't use that tone with me! I'm not thrilled either! This puts a halt to my plans!" Jinx protested, her shimmer-colored eyes fuming with anger. Jinx led the way out into the Lanes.

"Sevika? Where are we going?" Mag queried, following the elder woman through Zaun.

"To the docks." Sevika laughed.

"Docks?" Mag quizzed, before coughing as she got a face full of fumes from above.

"Ouch. Fume dump. Be careful, tiny." Sevika huffed, laughing as the girl wiped her soot-covered face.

"I'm not tiny." Mag protested.

"Sure you are, shorty." Sevika chuckled.

"I'm not short either." came the annoyed teen's response.

"Whatever." Sevika snorted. What Sevika found as comfortable silence, Mag found that silence unsettling.

"Why are we going to the docks?" Mag questioned.

"Making your day. Keep up. If you don't, I'll leave ya." Sevika told her. Mag had to jog to keep up with Jinx's right hand. Mag's bright blue eyes studied the older woman in front of her.

"Quite the staring. I can feel you burning holes in the back of my head." Sevika snapped.

"My apologies for trying to figure out what you're doing." Mag scoffed, glaring at Sevika with bright-blue eyes. Sevika whirled around and glared down at the younger woman.

"I'm trying to be nice for once. I could just leave you right here in a place you have no idea on how to get back." Sevika warned, jabbing a mechanical finger into Mag's chest. A frightened look filled Mag's eyes.

"Fine." Mag grumbled, not at all pleased that someone had basically told her where to stick it.

'Aunt Jinx never would've done that. She tells me everything.' Mag pouted in her mind. She followed Sevika down to the docks to what seemed like an old burned down factory/warehouse. 

"Whoa... What happened here?" Mag questioned, her bright-blue eyes now wide with curiosity. 

"Your aunt." Sevika answered. 

"Aunt Jinx?"

"Yeah. Her first bomb worked but it took the lives of two of her found brothers and Vander, who your ma considered her father." 

"Mum never told me that." Mag admitted as Sevika lit a cigarette. 

"Seems like she didn't tell you a lot of things." Sevika grumbled.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Mag demanded. 

"She seems very keen on forgetting where the hell she came from. She's ashamed to have come from here and she's ashamed her sister's considered a terrorist in Piltover." Sevika said, exhaling smoke into Mag's face. Mag coughed, trying to clear her lungs of the bad tasting smoke. 

"But I like Aunt Jinx. She's really fun." Mag protested. Sevika snorted amused.

"Your aunt is anything but fun. She's annoying, a walking bad luck charm, a bad perso-"

"Aunt Jinx is not! She's misunderstood!" Mag shouted, suddenly angry.

"You know what, pipsqueak? Have fun." Sevika growled, suddenly disappearing. Mag looked around frightened, unsure of where she was.