Part 003

Song: round here (part one) by- Tobe Nwigwe

THIRD P.O.V

The trio looked at the man in disbelief.

"You....you can mess up devil fruits?"

Shota looked at them. "Yes.." he decided not to elaborate on his powers.

"Then why didn't you escape?!" Crocodile said.

"I mean seaprism stones don't exactly work on you, so it wouldn't be that difficult for you to escape, right?...." Jinbei asked.

Shota tilted his head as he thought about it, he didn't really know why he never tried to escape, the chains that binds his wrist were rusted and would've been easy to open considering his previous life as a hero.

Playing hostage and escaping wasn't particularly anything hard.

"I think...." the reason came to mind. "I deserved it..." he said honestly.

"....deserved it?" they asked curiously.

"but you said you never killed anyone, what else could possibly make you think that you deserve to be down here... for years even!!"

Shota smiled bitterly as he leaned back, his arms protesting in discomfort from its raised position, even so he didn't show any signs of pain. "you don't particularly need to kill, in order to feel like you deserve something."

"Oh my kami, did you do something worst than killing?!" Crocodile said, honestly getting too invested into this 'mystery man's life.

Shota almost laughed. "I've done absolutely nothing 'wrong', the people back in my village even called me a good samaritan, even...my old pirate crew...." his eyes pinched, remembering the crew. "well, the decent ones at least."

"you were in a pirate group?? which one-- maybe I know of them!" Ace said, happy to meet another pirate.

Shota looked at them, eyes holding an emotion they couldn't completely place. Closing his eyes he began.

".....Do you know of the golden-eyed pirates?"

The group froze, and Shota was honestly not surprised.

Considering that the golden-eyed pirates were just as well-known as the white-beard pirates, in fact, they were even more infamous.

Considering that the Captain: Knoll golden-eye, went completely crazy and killed his entire crew. He was a notorious criminal that leaves even a bad taste in the most evilest of man, considering his sadistic tendencies and abuse of power, but even the murder of his entire crew was a new kind of sinister.

"w-wait, but everyone on that pirate ship died years ago---!!" Ace said.

"and Golden-eye is still missing." Crocodile added.

There was a twitch from 20-year prisoner that went unnoticed.

"Well... I was apart of the crew and now... I'm here." Shota said.

The group was skeptic, but kept to themselves after seeing the attempt to conceal his emotions.

Perhaps he was telling the truth...perhaps not.

They didn't really know.